Chapter Twenty One

Thank god for the multiple alarm that I had set last night. If it wasn't for the alarm, I wouldn't be here in Calculus, trying to sit for a test—I was still tired and had puffy eyes though. When I finally was in my right mind in the morning, events of last night flooded back; hanging out with Reggie and how Archie practically kicked me out of his house. It was half pleasant and half unpleasant with how last night's event played out.

So far, there was no sign of Reggie yet throughout the early morning as it was nearly our break time. Not like I was excited to see him or anything but, I was curious if he's going to act like nothing happened last night or act like we knew each other. It was always amusing to meet new people and then find out that they were just using you for that particular day or was ashamed to be friends with you in public. It was just great! Note my sarcasm.

I personally had experience this before when I was in middle school. I had two friends actually, that wanted to hang out with me outside of school, and we did, but they were ashamed of being friends with me in school because I wasn't seen decent enough to fit in in their group. That caused me to be a loner for at least a year or so of my middle school life. I always felt like I wasn't good enough to be anyone's friend which was why I became a loner; it was just easier and not having to worry to please others. And high school happened. I thought I was going through the same crap again but it actually became better. I met many wonderful people and Betty and the others were literally the best group of friends that I could've hoped for.

"Miss Jensen, I said start doing the test, not day dreaming." Few snickers were heard somewhere in the back row.

I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on the papers in front of me. I was sure that heads were turned to look at my side so I just looked down and started answering some questions. Calculus wasn't hard for me though. It was somewhere in between moderate and difficult; it varies in my opinion. Sometimes I would feel like I got this subject but there were also times when I just felt like slamming my head against the table. I just hate that there were letters involved in calculations, especially algebra. Like why?? We weren't going to use it in real life to calculate right, so what for?

Half an hour or more had flew by quickly. Time always felt limited or moving in a fast pace when we're taking any tests or exams. Few students had already handed up their test sheets and left the class. There weren't many students that took Calculus, at least for the morning session, so once most of them had left, it felt awfully empty and quiet.

Ugh! What's wrong with me? This was the first time that I had difficulty in answering integration by parts question. Yes it's hard, but it usually doesn't take me this long to figured out one an answer. I skipped to the other questions and tried answering them but my mind was blank. Like totally blank. I shook my head and blinked a multiple times. Focus, Alessandra! Most of the students had left the class except for two other students, Moose and I. He joined today's class because he had missed out classes for the passed few days so this was his replacement.

Few more page flipping from the other two students and they're done. So yay, Moose and I were officially the last ones to complete the test. I sighed in defeat and flipped the papers to the front page before handing it up. My brain couldn't processed any more numbers after this.

"Miss Jensen, can I have a word with you?"

"Yeah, sure."

"I've been noticing that you're not acting like yourself for today's lesson. Are you having a hard time understanding?" Concerned was laced in her tone.

"No, not at all. I'm just—" I cleared my throat. "I'm fine." I smiled.

She nodded. "If there's anything you would like to ask, don't shy away. You could also come to see me personally if you want to ask questions."