Chapter Thirty Three

It was Saturday; the day of Jason Blossom's memorial. I've gotten up one hour and thirty minutes before Betty picks me up which was 7:00am. The whole ceremony and funeral does not begin until 9am so we might have some time to kill—or maybe not since Betty had said it would be a slightly longer drive compared to other places we have been. Apparently, the Thornhill mansion was located somewhere isolated from the town of Riverdale hence the long drive.

After I had showered and all that, I headed to my drawer to pick out what I was going to wear. I know the dress code was strictly only black since Cheryl made the announcement three days ago. The only thing I pretty much have in my drawer that was black and decent looking was a black lace dress that was long sleeved and its hem ended just above my knees.

I don't really like to wear dress myself because of the way it usually clung onto my body. It was almost close to never that a dress was not hugging onto my body and tracing my every curve. It might sound pleasant to some girls to show off their assets but not to me. I hated the way that most dresses made my boobs looked ten times bigger than it was.

I kept my fingers crossed that I could still fit in this dress that I have bought it like two years ago when I attended a gathering dinner. I slipped both my hands through the laced sleeves before zipping myself up. When the zip reach the top, I could feel the dress clinging onto my chest and stomach area even when I was not breathing.

I stared myself at the mirror with a frown on my face. My boobs looked huge in this dress and yes, even though my stomach was slim, it made it looked uncomfortable for me to be in. Not only that, but even the length had most definitely changed. Now, the hem of the dress reached my mid thigh. Overall, my dress was making me feel insecure even though we're attending a memorial. I searched for a sheer black pantyhose in my drawer for extra coverage for my legs.

I headed to the vanity mirror to do my makeup; light brown eyeshadow to bring out my blue eyes, mascara, blush, nude lipgloss and brushed my already full eyebrows with clear gel to keep it in its state. I was pretty much contend with how I looked for today as there was not much I could do. I curled a few pieces of my hair before making two small braids on both sides of my head to make it look like a crown.

Just in time, I heard a honk outside my house. That's my cue to leave. I took a double take on myself before grabbing a clutch purse from my bed and went downstairs. I wore a black ballet flats to match with the overall black look before heading out.

When we were in the car ride, we made small talks while I enjoyed the view of Riverdale that I never really explore yet. It took us approximately forty minutes to get to Thornhill. I knew it was a memorial and many people were going to attend it, but this was way past my expectations. Loads and loads of vehicles were parked inside and outside of Thornhill—maybe more than one hundred? That was a wild guess but it should be around that number.

Unfortunately for us, we had to parked outside because the parking was full on the inside. When we stepped foot on the Blossom's property, I could feel myself feeling overwhelmed by everything they had. Thornhill was even considered as a house, it was a mansion. A mansion that could be used for throwing parties or anything sort of events. But what Jughead said was also true; it looked creepy from the outside with its brick walls, slightly foggy environment and trees that barely had leaves on them—leaving them with its branches.

We entered through the front door and first thing we saw was the image of Jason Blossom's portrait. He was wearing his blue varsity jacket, looking lovely as ever. Eventhough Jason and Cheryl were fraternal twins, they do have many resemblances—starting off with their eyes. They have the same set of eyes that was identical.

"Woah." I breathed when I take in the place around me.

"Woah right." Betty chuckled. "Yeah, that was my first impression too in the Blossom's mansion."