Chapter Thirty Eight

"How are things with you and Andrews?" Betty asked before popping a marshmallow into her mouth.

I sighed inwardly. I wanted to scream out loud and release the pressure that's building inside my chest but I chose to pushed it all down to make things easier. "We aren't on talking terms." I smiled but it does not reach my eyes.

"What, why not? Did he hurt you?"

I tugged on my bottom lip. "H-He said somethings."

The conversation we had that afternoon was still fresh and raw. It kept on replaying on my mind like it was a broken record that needed to be fixed. I thought he would have forgotten what he had said and go back to how everything was but for the past few days, he was passive and kept his distance.

Why the hell do I even bother? I was stupid enough to think we had a friendship or even a partnership. But even after Archie made it perfectly clear for me to stay away, I still wanted to go back to him; like a magnet with a strong force.

"What things?" She asked.

I shook my head. "It doesn't matter." I sighed. "I have to get to practice but I'll see you later." I muttered and pushed myself off the ground.

"Bye, Sandra." She waved with her understanding eyes on me.

With Polly still missing and no where to be found, the search party for her was still on every night. Betty and her mom were getting sleepless nights from the constant worrying and Betty kept blaming herself for Polly's escape. It saddened us that we could not do anything to help them, other than going on the search parties and try to find her.

My feet had to practically dragged me all the way to the music room before I was late. It has been a while since there was a practice for the duet so because of that, Ms Grundy had requested for one after nearly a week or more.

I did not think that I would ever get nervous to enter the music room since it was my safe haven but today was different. Everything was different now compared to the practices before. I don't know how I will play the song with him again when we were not on talking terms.

When I was outside the room, the door was closed instead of wide open as usual. I was thinking to knock the door before I enter but there usually wasn't anybody there except for Archie and I. I went against what the logical side of my brain was saying and entered the room with one push of the door handle.

I instantly regretted it when I witness a half naked Archie being straddled by a very exposed Cheryl Blossom in nothing but her matching red undergarment.

Why does it always have to me walking in on them?

I was disturbed by the images of them making out the previous time and now this? This was even worse than the first one. Worse part was, they did not even realized or bothered that someone had just walk through the door and see them half naked.

"Oh my god." That was the only thing I could mutter other than letting myself to curse out again. I felt like running out from the room again but I don't allow myself to do that again. I need to have the courage to face something without running away from it.

What I said sure did caught their attention. Archie pulled his face gently away from hers while facing the source of sound which was me. His lips were red as it was smeared with her iconic red lipstick; his eyes that was dark and filled with lust for Cheryl, was glued onto mine for seconds.

Something about his gaze was different. Maybe it was because he was lusting after Cheryl and I had interrupted it again. This was our first proper eye contact after days of going by without seeing him or talking to him.