Chapter Fifty Four

Not long after the kegs arrived, people started showing up too. They were definitely dressed for the occasion because none of them were underdressed. Everyone looked classy, yet casual even though it was just a party.

Music started playing in the background to set the mood of a party and everyone was having it. Some were already getting their cups ready for their alcohol while some just hang around.

I spotted Polly and someone that looked like it was Mrs Lodge entering with Mrs Cooper behind them. Yeah, I think it's definitely Mrs Lodge. It's hard to not recognize and mistaken her as Veronica as they share the same features.

"Polly! You're here!" Betty giggled and tugged on her sister's arm and hugged her tightly. "Hey, mom." She said nonchalantly.

Mrs Cooper doesn't look happy at all to be here, but she mustered the best smile she could and smiled at us. "I'm going to get a drink." She said and walked away.

"She doesn't seemed too kin to be here." Veronica said.

"Yeah, your mom practically had to convince her into coming." Betty sighed.

"Oh, speaking of which, mom, this is Sandra. Sandra, this is my mom."

"Hi, nice meeting you, Mrs Lodge." I grinned.

"Pleasure's mine. Please, make yourself at home. They all do." She chuckled.

Now I know where Veronica got her genes from. They could passed off as sisters since they're almost a carbon copy of each other.

Mrs Lodge was dressed like a fashion icon; someone who looked like she was straight out from a magazine photoshoot—skin flawless and without wrinkles, a smile that could land her a spot in a royalty television show. She was so beautiful and poised.

Mrs Lodge excused herself and went to the bar to pour herself a drink. As she left, I spotted Cheryl on the front door with her red outfit again, but this time, it was more toned down with only her top red paired with white shorts.

"She-devil is here." Betty murmured under her breath. "Why did we even invite her again?" She sighed.

"One, because Polly is part of the River Vixens and two, Polly is carrying her niece or nephew in her so it's only right if she's invited." Veronica said.

"Yeah, right until she cause another scene."

"I'm surprised she didn't come with Archie."

"Dang, girl! Was this what you've been waiting all night long?" Veronica snickered and that's when i realized I have spoken out my thoughts and instead of just letting it be my thoughts, I have come to let people know what I was thinking.

"N-No! Absolutely not, but they were always together. Maybe he isn't coming." I brushed off the topic. "Anyways, how's Polly holding up?"

"Better than before. At least she's socializing a little now." Betty nodded at the sight of Polly and a small group of girls chatting. "Definitely a progress but her and mom had some talking to do."

"Hey, Cheryl?" Kevin raised his brow when she was heading towards us.

"Hi, sweet Kev. Nice seeing you all in this generous evening." She said with sarcasm. "Oh, wow. Is this the nerdy Alessandra Jensen in your friend group?" She scoffed. "She looked nothing like her tonight."