Chapter Thirty Six

"And that concludes my entire weekend!" I smiled sarcastically while plopping my hands on the lunch table.

"You know what, I've come to realization that Andrews for the first time in a while, might actually be interested in someone that's good for him." Jughead shrugged.

Betty groaned. "Yeah and it pains me in my heart to say this but he's right. Archie definitely does or might have a thing for you."

"And since when you two are not anti Archie?" I asked curiously.

"We're not. But," Betty paused and shared glances with Jughead. "if you come to a realization one day that you have a crush on him, then the two of us would support you and at the same time, we'll encourage you not to pursue it."

I scoffed. "That doesn't make any sense but sure."

Betty, Jughead and I were hanging out in the Blue and Gold room for the past hour. We—more like Betty and Jughead—was sleuthing around and found some evidence about the case that might help us find out what the Blossom's family had been hiding.

And apparently from what Betty had gathered, the Blossom's family business on maple syrup was just a ploy to cover up something much more bigger than what it seemed.

Somehow this does not surprised me at all and I was not faze by it. I don't know whether that was the fact that I always find the Blossom's family to be shady and off especially after that memorial service, or because it was somewhat common for majority of the rich people to have something illegal to hide.

"Anyways, back to case as I was saying—I think we should pay a visit to Polly." Betty gathered her books together and stuffed it inside her bag.

"You mean now?" I asked.

She shrugged. "The sooner we talk to her, the better. If this gets hold off any longer, I got a gut feeling something bad might happen."

"Wait, what about classes?"

"Don't worry about that. Betty's right. Holding it off wouldn't do good to anybody." Jughead slung his bag across his body.

"And the rest are not coming with us?"

Betty shook her head. "Not more than two visitors are allowed to enter."

I raised my brow. "And there's three of us."

"That's where Jughead comes in. He'll snoop around the building to see if there's anything suspicious."

I sighed inwardly but yet agreed to this stunt we were pulling. I guess skipping school again for the rest of the day might earned some attention from my teachers, but hopefully not the principal.

On the way to the Sister's of Quite Mercy, we had to passed some creepy road and basically that whole area was isolated and dead. It was foggy and trees were towering over almost everything on sight.

I controlled myself to not cringe at how scary and dark this building was. It looked fine from the outside but once the inside, it looked like some sort of devil hole. Dark, gloomy and even reek of rats feces. No wonder Betty thought this place was shady too.

"Hi, erm, I'm Betty Cooper and I'm here to visit one of your patient, Polly Cooper?" She smiled kindly at the lady at the counter who does not seemed to be pleased with our arrival at all.

"You two related?" She asked gruffly while pouting back and forth to Betty and I.

"Yes, she's my sister, Sandra Cooper."