Chapter Thirty Nine

Betty rushed back home as soon as the news had been delivered to her. For the rest of the school day, it flew by quite smoothly with Veronica and Kevin's companion in some of the classes we shared. But what was a day like in Riverdale High without getting nasty flares from Cheryl and her cheerleading friends, right?

I don't even know what normal high school's like anymore ever since Cheryl decided to taunt me any chance she got. What was unbelievable was that she never gets into trouble and even with an attitude like hers, she still managed to woo herself into the teacher's good graces.

"For today's Sociology class, I would like all of you to gather around in a circle, please. No actual lessons will be conducted today."

This caused the whole class to erupt in cheers and claps before everyone gathered in a circle. Reggie took a seat beside me as he nudged me on my shoulders while giving me his signature smirk. "You looked pretty today, in case I have not tell you that already."

I snickered. "You've already mentioned that twice today, Reg. But thanks again." I blushed.

"It's never wrong for a guy to compliment a girl to brighten up her gloomy day." He shoots me a small smile.

I furrowed. "Why would you say that?"

"I saw what happened in the music room earlier today."

"Oh." I murmured. "It's nothing. I happened to walk in in the wrong timing, that's all."

"The face you're giving me now says otherwise. You know, you don't have to pretend with me about your feelings for him, right?" He took my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, calming down my nerves.

"I know." I squeezed his hand. "Come on, now. Let's not make this mood anymore dull than it should be." I grinned, changing my mood even if I was faking it. There was no reason for me to feel down about what happened, but I am.

Veronica leaned towards my side and whispered softly, "Are you and Reggie holding hands and getting slightly mushy and comfy?"

I gave her a surprised look. "No, we're not getting mushy. He and I were just having a friendly conversation." I whispered back.

"His eyes and gesture says otherwise." She shrugged with a smirk tugging at her burgundy lips.

Before she could go any further into teasing me with her assumptions, our teacher caught all our attention. "Today's activity will be different and simple. Since some of you here do not get along, we're going to play a little interactive game."

I was whining internally as soon as I heard 'interactive game'. It was bad enough that I'm an extreme introvert to be playing this game, but now addition to it, Archie's in this class and I hope that we would not have any encounters any more.

Whenever I think about our last encounter, I felt like I was being a pathetic little girl. Who even feels disappointed by a guy's actions but still repeatedly wants to talk to him? That's just pathetic in every way.

"Okay, so we're going to play two games today, alright. The first game is very simple. It's the two truths and a lie game. I will be pairing two lucky people together for this."

I closed my eyes and prayed that I would get paired with someone I'm familiar with like Betty or Veronica. If I was paired up with someone I don't know at all, I would be digging my own grave for embarrassment.

"Miss Lodge and Miss McCoy, you're the first lucky pair."

Okay, it's alright, Alessandra you still have Kevin, Reggie and Jughead for this.