Chapter Fifteen

"Mom, I'm heading out with Betty and the others to Pop's." I announced as I rushed down the stairs. I wore my sneakers and walked over to my mom.

"What? At this hour? Don't you think it's a little too late to have a gathering at this time of the night?" She crossed her arms and raised her brow.

Well, it wasn't that late. It's around eight-ish almost nine. But I rarely go out during this time as I was home alone and chilling in my room. I hoped that my mom would give this as an exception since it was once in a blue moon that I would go out this late.

"Erm, no?" I replied, unsure of my answer. "I mean yeah it's late but can this be an exception?" I pouted.

"And why should it be?"

"Because I'm new to this town and it's good to hang out with friends." I stated, hopefully that she would let me go.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay fine, but be back before 10:30 or face the consequences." She said, fighting the smile on her mouth.

I was grinning and hugged her. "You're the best mom!"

"Wait, who's bringing you to Pop's?" She asked.

"Betty. Her car is waiting for me outside."

She nodded her head. "Be safe, Sandra. And don't let your dad know about this, if not you're saying goodbye to your phone."

My head went nodding up and down as I opened the door and waved goodbye. My mom was closing the door therefore, she saw Betty and gave her a smile and a wave.

"Hi, Mrs Jensen." Betty hollered from the inside of her car seat.

I walked towards Betty's car and entered the passenger door. Her car had a waft of candy scented smell as I sat comfortably on the seat and buckled up. To my surprise, I found myself liking this scent in her car since I hated overly sweet scents; but hers was the perfect mixed of sweet and floral.

"Had some trouble going out?" She asked.

"Not really. My mom was just surprised that I would be going out this late."

"Sorry for the last minute planning though. Veronica was so excited to here about what we found out."

I shoot her a confused look eventhough she can't see me. "I thought we were keeping this whole 'investigating about Jason's death' a secret?"

"Yes, but the words that came out of her mouth was 'I know you guys are lying and if I find out the truth I would smother the crap out of you' so I don't think it'll do any of them good if we were hiding it."

I let out a surprising laugh because of Veronica's threat. "Yeah, I guess too."

"She may looked cute when she's angry with her slightly shorter frame but her fierceness still follows her like a giant." Betty chuckled and that made me let out another laugh. "Shh, don't tell her I said that."

"Understood." I giggled.

Once we arrived, Betty parked her car beside Pop's so we wouldn't have to walk that much. Pop's was lit in a red neon sign that hung on a high metal post. We pushed through the doors and it made a jingle chime that echoed through the diner, alerting Pop and few other guests. I smiled and Pop and I instantly spotted Veronica with her scarf tied around her neck, sitting on the usual corner of the booth with Kevin beside her and Jughead facing her.

"Good evening, ladies." Veronica chirped.

"Hey!" I smiled and sat beside Kevin.

"Evening, Betty." Jughead grinned and kissed her on the cheek. Betty settled beside him and kissed him on the lips.