Chapter 38 - Strike One

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: I'm finally back with another chapter of 'Slash's Revenge' and this one is once again a bit of a roller coaster ride. There's a little humor, a few bro-ments, a touch of drama, and a whole lot of angst.

Thank you so much to all of you for reading my story. I'm so thrilled to have so many of you still with me on this journey. You are all amazing and I'm so incredibly grateful for each and every one of you. *virtual hugs*

Fingers crossed that you like the chapter. Please let me know.

CJ

----------------------------

Chapter 38 – Strike One

Punch after punch landed square in the chest of the practice dummy, causing it to sway back and forth with each violent impact. It was a wonder the hapless inanimate object had held up to the vicious beating it was receiving.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

Totally caught up in his pummeling, Raph had long lost track of the time. He guessed from the pain and the blood-stained wraps around his hands, it had been a while, but he didn't care. He just kept right on pounding the shell out of the dummy.

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk!

A couple rounds later, Raph finally saw the lab doors slide open and out walked Leonardo. It was the moment the temperamental turtle had been waiting for. He ceased his clobbering and headed towards the pit of the lair, anxious for an update from his older brother.

Seemingly oblivious to the red-masked turtle's presence, Leonardo plopped down on the couch and grabbed the television remote, intent on getting his 'Space Heroes' fix. It had been over two weeks since he had watched his favorite show, and now that things were finally starting to settle down a bit, it seemed like a good time to get lost in space.

Raphael, on the other hand, had no intention of watching the cheesy sci-fi series. Never one to be considerate, the hotheaded ninja sat down next to Leo and immediately interrupted the older turtle's plans to binge watch the whole first season.

"How's he doing?"

"Fine." Leo made no attempt to hide the irritation in his voice as he stared at the television set, as if still trying to pretend he didn't see his brother. "Mikey's keeping him entertained."

Despite the fact that Leo was making it obvious he didn't want to talk, Raph continued to bombard the older turtle with questions. "Did he eat anything?"

"A little bit. Not as much as I'd hoped, but at least it was something." Thinking the conversation was over, Leo sunk his forefinger into the volume button on the remote controller and cranked it up, but it only encouraged Raphael to ask his questions that much louder.

"How about his leg? Did it look any better?"

"It looked about the same as yesterday, I guess."

"Did you put that antibacterial cream on it?"

"Yes!" Patience wearing thin, Leonardo rolled his eyes towards the ceiling. Enough was enough. "Raph, you can't keep avoiding him forever!"

Raphael shrunk back as though shocked by the accusation. He then folded his arms across his plastron and gave Leo one of his trademark scowls.

"I'm not avoiding him. I'm just keeping my distance for a while."

Once again, Leonardo rolled his eyes, only this time he accompanied the gesture with a facepalm.