Chapter 43 - Missing

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: I've finally returned with a new chapter of 'Slash's Revenge' and it's another emotional one. Things are about to take a turn for the dramatic.

Huge thanks to all my readers. I appreciate all of you so incredibly much. You are all awesome!!! Please keep sharing your thoughts with me. It means the world to me to read what you think about my writing.

Okay... Let's get on with the chapter, shall we? I hope you all like it. *fingers crossed*

CJ

----------------------------

Chapter 43 – Missing

Temporarily rendered speechless by Michelangelo's rather shocking announcement, Leonardo and Master Splinter just stood there staring at the youngest turtle as though he had sprouted a unicorn horn in the center of his forehead or something.

Mikey took their lack of response as a need to repeat himself, and so, he did in a shrill voice that echoed off the walls of the entire lair.

"He's gone!"

A few more seconds of stunned silence passed before Leo regained the ability to speak. His own voice coming out just as shrill as Mikey's had, almost as if he was mocking his little brother. "Who's gone?"

At first, Mikey appeared to be offended by the question, until it eventually dawned on him that he had forgotten to specify which brother was missing. A rather important detail he probably shouldn't have omitted. It was no wonder Leo was wigging out.

Oops! My bad...

"Raph!"

"What?!" This was Leo's go-to response for any kind of surprising news. He was constantly howling out the word 'what' even though he had heard the information loud and clear. It was just a Leo thing.

Over the years, Mikey had learned to just roll with it.

"Yeah! Donnie was still asleep, so I went to check on Raph and there was no one in his room. It was totally empty, so I quick checked the kitchen and he wasn't there. And he wasn't watching TV or going to the bathroom, either. Well, I suppose he could be going to the bathroom... Just not in our bathroom. Although I'm not sure why he would go to the bathroom somewhere else, but when a dude's gotta go, you gotta – "

Rolling his eyes towards the ceiling, Leo cut his youngest brother off before he could ramble on any further. "Mikey!"

The orange-masked turtle blushed and let out an embarrassed little chuckle prior to responding. "Sorry... Anyway, the point is, he's not in the lair. It's like he just vanished into thin air." Mikey's voice faded into a soft whimper; his concern for his missing brother quite evident. Upon close inspection, he looked to be on the brink of tears.

Master Splinter placed a paw on his distraught son's shoulder in hopes of comforting him while his oldest son tried his best to process the situation.

Unfortunately, all of Leo's thoughts seemed to lead to one dire conclusion.

"He didn't just vanish, Mikey. He obviously left the lair. And I have a bad feeling I know exactly where he's heading." Forehead crinkling in despair, Leonardo began to nervously pace back and forth, but he soon stopped in his tracks when he saw Donatello hobble into the Dojo.

"Wh – What's going on?" The genius turtle bounced his gaze around the room, from family member to family member. His eyes were red and glassy, presumably from lack of sleep, which immediately made Leonardo feel bad for rousing his wounded brother.