Chapter 7 - Get Him Back

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Note: The incredible fan art for this chapter was drawn by my insanely talented friend, CorolineThePheonix. Isn't it awesome??? 💜

*Author's Notes: I've finally returned with a new chapter of 'Slash's Revenge.' So sorry for the extended wait, but real-life (aka vacation) kind of got in the way. Hopefully, everyone's still with me. C=

A great, big thank you to all my loyal readers and to my new ones as well. I really appreciate everyone's support and the incredibly kind feedback I have received. You are all awesome! I'm extremely humbled that so many people asked me to keep going with this story. I'm also extremely grateful to everyone who nominated this story for the 2017 TMNT Universal Reader's Choice Awards. A bazillion thanks to all of you. The nominations truly mean the world to me.

Another great, big thank you to my wonderful beta reader, Joanne N. Grey. She's a true blessing and I adore her. I also want to thank my new creative consultant, Captain Vegeta. She's an amazing friend and author, so I was absolutely delighted to welcome her to the team. I love you two girls with all my heart.

I really hope everyone likes the new chapter. I have to warn you, it's an emotional one.

Thanks so much for reading. ;) CJ

--------------------------      

Chapter 7 – Get Him Back

But the fact of the matter remained: the call had been disconnected.

His brother was gone.

While his heart went on shattering into countless, miniscule fragments, the oldest turtle slowly lowered his right hand and stared down at the T-phone resting in his palm. That phone was one of Donatello's many amazing inventions they had all come to rely on. Yet another thing the genius turtle had created to make their lives easier, but now, looking at the device didn't make anything easier. It just made Leo want to get down on his knees and cry.

A bloodthirsty animal had snatched Donnie away from them and there was nothing Leonardo could do.

He had lost him.

The leader in blue held his breath for what seemed like an eternity, still repeating the words 'this can't be happening' in his head. He was starting to break out into a cold sweat from the strain of trying to keep it together.

His family was anxiously waiting for him to say something, but the blue-masked turtle had no idea what to tell them. How could he put words to something so unspeakable?

Donnie's gone...

He's gone...

"L – Leo? What h – happened? What... what did he say?" Oversized blue eyes, bloodshot and puffy from tears that just wouldn't stop, were staring up at the oldest turtle, begging for answers.

Seeing his baby brother, sitting there quivering on the floor, made it almost impossible for Leonardo to maintain his normally steadfast composure.

"What did he say, Leo?" Finally, the hotheaded turtle had found his voice again. Although he still wasn't able to find the strength to get up off the couch just yet.

All the turtle in blue could do in response was shake his head from side to side.

How could he tell them what Slash had said?