Chapter 29 - Pain

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: I've finally returned with a new chapter of 'Slash's Revenge' and it's one of my very favorites.

Oodles and oodles of thanks to all of you for supporting me and reading my stories. I probably sound like a broken record, but I truly do appreciate you far more than words can ever say. You are all wonderful! Thank you, again and again and again...

I really hope you enjoy the chapter.

CJ

--------------------------  

Chapter 29 – Pain

A chorus of "Senseis" rang out, accompanied by the sound of three sets of footsteps approaching the dormitory area at breakneck speed. Oftentimes the quickest of the brothers, Michelangelo was the first to come flying through the open doorway of Donatello's room, followed by Leonardo, and soon after, Raphael. A moment later, all three teens came to a screeching halt, so as to avoid running smack dab into April, who was standing there, holding open the door of the largest cabinet in the room.

The pretty redhead turned and glanced at the three brothers just long enough for them to see the pronounced frown on her face and the tears pooling in her eyes. Her troubled gaze then shifted back down to something inside the cabinet. Something she clearly didn't want to look away from for too long.

This made Leonardo's stomach do cartwheels and he quickly began scanning the room for Master Splinter. It didn't take long for the eldest turtle to spot his father. Even though Sensei was mostly hidden behind the open cabinet door, the end of his tail could easily be seen curled up on the floor at April's feet.

Sidestepping around April, Leo found himself standing over his father, who was kneeling in front of the cabinet. The grand master of Ninjutsu didn't turn to acknowledge his son's presence like April had just moments before. Splinter's dark eyes, instead, remained fixed straight ahead. He then leaned partway inside the cabinet, as if trying to shield something from view.

A loud gasp sounded out when Leonardo finally realized what that something was.

Or rather who that someone was.

The leader's shocked reaction set Raphael and Michelangelo back into motion and they were soon towering over Master Splinter alongside their eldest brother.

There, in the back of the large cabinet, was a trembling figure, desperately trying to hide behind his bruised and battered legs. Too afraid to move from the spot he was in. Face pressed into his bent knees, he pulled his arms tightly around himself, despite the tremendous pain it caused. It was nothing compared to the pain another beating would bring.

"Disobedience will be punished. A pet must be trained to do as they're told."

The memory made him whimper, revealing just how hoarse his voice was.

It was the most heartbreaking thing Leonardo had ever heard.

"D – Donnie?"

All Donatello did in response was tighten his grip around his legs, refusing to lift his head up. He would've retreated inside his shell, but he knew all too well what would happen if he did that again.

It had been made abundantly clear the second day of his captivity...

"You think your shell's gonna protect you from me, you pathetic little wimp? Show yourself! NOW!"