Chapter 3 - Raph and Destroy

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Special Note: The truly awesome fan artwork (on the left) for this chapter was created by my tremendously talented friend, donniesgirl87. I love how it turned out! 💜

*Author's Notes: Chapter 3 of 'Slash's Revenge' is ready and it's a dramatic one. What happens here is extremely significant.

Thank you so much to all my readers, followers, and friends. I appreciate each and every one of you more than I can possibly say. I'm so happy you're enjoying my writing and I'm so grateful for all the support everybody has given me. You're all awesome! 8}

Once again, thank you to my lovely friend, Joanne N. Grey, for her fabulous work as my creative consultant/beta reader for 'Slash's Revenge.' You rock, girl.

Well, I think I've made you all wait long enough for this update. Let's delve right in, shall we?

Thanks for reading. ;)

CJ

--------------------------      

Chapter 3 – Raph and Destroy

"What's my problem? Shouldn't I be asking you that question? You've been sulking around the lair all day long! You just about bit Mikey's head off at lunch because he put the wrong kind of cheese on your sandwich! Then, you almost punched Donnie in the face because he beat you at pinball! What is with you today? Is this still about what happened in practice?"

Hearing his older brother remind him about practice for the umpteenth time that day was enough to make Raphael want to scream. He tossed his comic book to the floor and pushed himself up to his feet in one fluid motion.

Leonardo also rose to his feet, but in a much calmer fashion than his hotheaded brother had. Once upright, the leader in blue stood stock-still, just waiting for Raph to make his next move. Leo knew what a loose cannon his brother could be when he got all wound up like this and the eldest turtle had no intention of getting caught with his guard down.

"No! It's not about practice! Man! I'm so sick and tired of hearing about what happened at practice this morning! So you beat me!?! Who cares? Just drop it already! Not everything is about you, Leo!" Raph made sure to put extra venom on his brother's nickname. He then stomped towards the 'almighty' Leonardo and wasted no time getting right up in his face.

This act of aggression was enough to finally make Leo snap. He had been more than patient with Raph's horrible attitude throughout the day, giving his immediate younger brother what he felt was plenty of space. Heck, the turtle in blue had managed to somehow let the lunch and pinball incidents slide, but even levelheaded Leonardo could only take so much.

"Then, what is it about? Because I've had it up to here with you acting like a total jerk!" For just a moment, Leonardo lost his grip on the poise he always strove so hard to maintain, but only because his temperamental brother had a real knack for pushing his buttons...

And vice-versa...

"That's it!" Raph barked out and he curled his hands into tightly clenched fists, readying to realign Leonardo's teeth, free of charge.

It was at that precise moment, the second youngest brother, Donatello, came running out of his lab, inadvertently saving the eldest turtle's perfect smile.

"Guys! Guys! You're not gonna believe this! I think I may have just found the breakthrough I need to reverse the mutation process!"

Due to his uncontainable excitement, Donatello's reddish-brown eyes were about twice their natural size. He was grinning from ear slit to ear slit as he made his way down the steps that led to his laboratory. He then rushed over to his brothers in the pit of the lair. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Donnie just stood there with his hands held out in front of him, the way that he always did when he had some kind of 'mind-blowing' announcement to make. Usually, those 'mind-blowing' announcements were only 'mind-blowing' to Donnie, but the genius turtle still liked to play them up as though they were going to be the most important thing ever said.