7

For a while, the Eternals and humans experienced a prolonged peace. The number of Deviants had dwindled greatly and they focused more on the evolution and progression of humanity. This meant more days spent with the humans learning and watching as their culture developed. They began having family dinners like the humans did, something all of them enjoyed.

The table was always set the same way. Ajak sat at the head. On her right was Ikaris, and on her left was Thena. Beside Ikaris was Phastos, followed by Sprite, then Makkari, and Iridessa. Beside Thena was Gilgamesh, next Sersi, then Kingo and Druig. Sersi and Ajak often cooked with the occasional help from Sprite or Iridessa. Phastos was always in charge of setting the table, and they rotated who had to do the dishes. Most dishes went much like this current one was going.

"I think it would be helpful," Kingo argued.

"How would musical theater be helpful? They don't even know what it is," Phastos pointed out with a frown.

"They watch Sprite almost every night. This is just the next level," the man argued back.

"Please don't bring me into this," Sprite groaned rubbing her temples.

Druig, Iridessa, and Makkari held a silent conversation, all of them mocking the others playfully. At the opposite end of the table, Thena ate quietly and Ajak tried and failed to get a decent conversation going between herself, Thena, and Ikaris. Gilgamesh was shoveling food into his mouth at an alarming rate, pausing only to laugh at the argument happening in the middle of the table.

"What about plays then?" Kingo suggested.

"The village children like to play pretend," Sersi offered trying to be helpful.

Kingo nodded gesturing to her, "See?"

"Who's gonna organize all of this?" Phastos then pointed out.

"Me, obviously," Kingo huffed, "Sersi could watch the kids since they like her best. Iridessa would be on lighting. Druig could be in charge of the acting."

"Are you calling me dramatic?" Druig questioned with a frown.

Kingo and Phastos both turned to him with 'duh' expressions. The mind reader shrugged and turned back to his meal making Iridessa and Makkari laugh.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Makkari said abruptly, "I heard there's been some rumors about the Emerald Tablet further east."

Iridessa's eyes widened. "Further east? How on earth did that circle back here?"

"Traders," Makkari smirked.

A smirk formed on Iridessa's face at the sight of hers. She knew that meant Makkari raided their things too.

"Later," Makkari signed quickly, her eyes flickering to Ajak.

Thankfully, their leader handed noticed. Druig chuckled at the two girls.

"You two are definitely kleptomaniacs," he remarked, shaking his head.

Iridessa's nose scrunched. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you like to steal stuff," Sprite answered, "I made the word up two days ago."

"You can't just make up words," Makkari frowned.

"Actually that's kind of my job," the smaller girl snorted with a wink.

"Great so then you're on script-writing!"

The four turned to Kingo with irritated expressions. His eyes went wide and he held up his hands.

"What?"