Present Day

"If we're getting Druig, we'll need something to persuade him," Kingo pointed out.

He along with his valet, Karun, Sersi, Sprite, and Ikaris sat with Thena and Gilgamesh in their home in the Australian outback. The two had been there for five hundred years as it was far enough removed from humanity that Gilgamesh could care for Thena without fear of interruption. Their solitude in this safe haven had come to an abrupt end that morning, however when a Deviant attacked.

Soon after, the others had arrived to tell them what had happened to Ajak. They had a family meal, something they hadn't done in forever. Then Sersi had had a revelation after finally being to contact Arishem. Nothing was as they had thought. Their entire purpose, their mission, had not been to help humanity grow for its own purposes. Life on Earth had to reach a certain capacity so that the Celestial Tiamut could be born and that time was near.

It had been a lot them all to take in, but they knew they had to do something. Perhaps they'd grown too attached to the fleeting life known as humans. Perhaps they'd taken on some aspects of humanity themselves. Whatever it was, there was a new drive in them to rebel. More specifically, in Sersi who was now their leader. She did not want to kill Tiamut because Celestials brought about more life and created universes. She wanted to put Tiamut to sleep until they could figure out an alternate solution.

The problem: there was only one person in the world who could possibly even attempt such a task and he'd been MIA for years. They knew he'd moved to the Amazon but little else. The others nodded in agreement with Kingo's statement. This was probably the last thing Druig would want to do.

"Makkari?" Gilgamesh suggested.

"No," Ikaris frowned and they all looked at him, "We need something with a little more pull."

"Well, you can't be the one to get her," Kingo snorted, "She hates you."

Thena smirked as Gilgamesh let out a small chuckle. Ikaris' eyes darkened and his jaw clenched.

"You got that right," Gilgamesh nodded.

"She was overreacting," Sprite huffed, rolling her eyes, "He'd never actually hurt Druig. And that was literally centuries ago. She doesn't hold grudges like that."

Karun looked between the group unsurely.

"Who are we talking, sir?" he asked Kingo.

"Iridessa," Kingo answered, "The one person who could convince Druig to do just about anything."

"Except change his hair cut," Sprite quipped.

"You're one to talk," Gilgamesh snorted and she glared at him.

Sersi sighed and shook her head, trying to bring everyone back to the point of the discussion. "We don't even know where she is," she pointed out, "How can we be sure she actually stayed with him all this time?"

"Thena?" Ikaris asked and the attention turned to her.

The woman at the head of the table looked up from her cup with a raised eyebrow. "Why are you asking me?"

"C'mon, we all know how much you looked after Iridessa. She was practically your daughter," Kingo pointed out, "Our only other option would be Makkari and she literally vanished years ago."

"He does have a point," Gilgamesh nodded.

Thena shrugged.

"She's happy where she is," came her cool response, "I won't let you ruin that."

The room fell silent. Everyone was glancing at each other to see if the other would try and get Thena to break. No one was willing. It would be useless though to press her. She was always good at keeping secrets. Plus, an argument might trigger something and that was the last thing they needed right now.