Greece

Hundreds of years later, the Eternals had gone west to build the newest great power: Greece. The day began with a woman screaming as a Deviant charged at her child trapped on the other side of a shallow river. The child's foot was injured which was why they had gotten stuck in the first place. Just as the Deviant launched itself at the kid, a blast of celestial energy hit its side and a golden and red blur shot by. It tumbled then righted itself only to see its prey gone. Instead a man in gleaming purple armor stood.

The beast was then hit from the other side by a similar blast of energy though this one came in a constant stream. It was sent sprawling into the river. A goddess in pure white appeared from nowhere landing on the creature and thrusting a spear of celestial energy into its side. The beast thrashed then stopped moving.

The mother now holding her child gaped in awe as more armored beings appeared. One came up to her and gestured to her child. She cautiously let the woman approach her. The woman held her hand out and then child's injury was healed. The mother gasped. She gasped once again as the creature that'd attack her child went up in flames. A woman in gold stepped around it to join the others.

From then on, the word spread throughout all of Greece, of the gods and goddesses sent to protect them. Stories arose from different encounters. They gave many of the Eternals new names because of this. They called Iridessa "Hestia" and named her the goddess of the hearth, domesticity, the family, the home, and the state. They named Thena "Athena" the goddess of strategic war and a city was even erected in her honor. Phastos, they called Hephaestus for his craftsmanship. The Eternals accepted these mantels and names. Though, some were not always so glorious.

"Sprite," Ikaris huffed making the girl pause as she was walking with Kingo.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Icarus? Really?"

She smirked. That had been her favorite creation of all time. The two had gotten into a bit of an argument one day and she took the opportunity to start up a rumor among the humans about "Ikaris." It had all been a joke, but they fell for it and adored the story.

"Oh!" Kingo's face lit up, "I saw that one! Man, I don't know how you come up with this stuff Sprite. The wax wings, falling to his death, a true tragedy."

Her chest puffed out a bit. "I know, I'm a genius."

Ikaris rolled his eyes but let out a small laugh. For Iridessa, Greece was practically paradise. She loved every aspect of it. From the culture to the music to the creations of humanity, every part of it was as amazing as the last. That was how she found herself leaning against a great white column, gazing out at the people like she did nearly every day.

"There you are."

She turned to see Thena walked over with a small smile.

"We were supposed to be practicing with your archery skills," she reminded.

Iridessa winced. "Oops."

Shaking her head, Thena chuckled then shrugged.

"Probably for the best. We really don't need to give Sprite any more fuel for her stories," she mused, "The humans the them so literally."

"THey are quite gullible," Iridessa laughed, "And inventive."

She sighed happily, tilting her head back to absorb the warm sun's rays. "I love it here," she breathed.

"It is beautiful," Thena nodded in agreement.

"It is! And warm and so full of life. And the things the people create here. I've never seen anything like it. It's all so...so breahtaking," she smiled.