20

As the connection faded, the other three came out of the trance like state of the Uni-Mind only to see Druig gone.

"What-" Iridessa's voice broke off into a gasp of horror as she spotted Ikaris flying away from them with Druig.

He threw the man down and blasted him into the ground. Makkari let out a raspy sounding wail as Iridessa fell to her knees, her hands flying to her mouth. Without hesitation, Ikaris then turned and shot toward the Domo. He blasted two trenches into the ship destroying much of the mechanism that kept it afloat. It came crashing toward the ground almost hitting the others.

Makkari rushed Sersi and Iridessa out of the away. She then whirled around and shot into the Domo to grab Phastos and Thena. The two were a bit shaken up by the crash but otherwise fine. Thena's eyes instantly landed on Iridessa. She stepped back with a worried frown just as Ikaris touched down.

"Druig's gone," he stated firmly, his eyes focused purposefully away from Iridessa.

A scream burst from her lips as everything within range burst into flames. The others were thrown back by the pure energy of her pain. When the dust cleared, she stood perfectly upright, her entire body glowing. Even her eyes had begun to glow a vibrant orange, her rage clear and undaunted.

"Oh, he's in for it now," Makkari smirked as she sat up.

"She's going to kill him," Sersi breathed looking fearful.

Makkari gave her a look.

"He killed Ajak. And he just killed the love of her life. It'll be a relief if she doesn't fry the whole planet in the process."

Sersi sighed and stood. Ikaris tried to fly off. Before he could get far, Iridessa blasted him out of the sky sending him crashing into the sand. He rolled to a stop and scrambled to his feet. She stalked toward him, her hands glowing brighter.

"Ire-"

"Don't you dare call me that," she spoke calmly, too calmly.

Her hands rose again and a ray of vibrant light burst from them. The beams from Ikaris' eyes met her beam deflecting it into the sand. She didn't stop though throwing orbs of white fire at him as he tried to dodge.

The volcano exploded with action pouring more smoke into the air and spewing out magma now. The nearby heat source only seemed to amplify Iridessa's power as the burning rocks thrown from the volcano avoided her entirely. Instead, they warped when they got near her and flew at Ikaris. He could barely keep up with blasting them and dodging her attacks.

"You are a selfish, undeserving asshole," she snapped, "You think you are so high and mighty because you claim to be fulfilling a greater cause. You and I both know that this is wrong and that we cannot sacrifice humanity for Tiamut. Do not mistake my restraint for weakness."

He stumbled back against her assault which didn't slow even as she spoke.

"There is no greater purpose than to love and live," she continued, a whirlwind of flames bursting from her palms and encircling him.

He staggered backward trying to avoid the swiftly tightening cyclone. A lava rock burst through giving him just enough time to fly up and escape.

"Look at yourself, Ikaris! Do you even know who you are anymore?"

He missed one of the blasts and the pure energy hit him square in the chest throwing him back. He was thrown into the sand so hard, a crater formed around his body. He rose slowly, coughing. When he looked down, he saw that his armor was charred around the chest area. His eyes widened at the sight. Never had an Eternal managed to damage the armor of another Eternal.