England

The Eternals eventually ended up in England as it developed along with rest of Europe and entered the "Middle Ages." It was a time of knights and castles, royals and myths. All sorts of things arose during their time here. Ajak allowed them to mingle and interact with humans, but only in plain clothes so that they blended in. The time for gods was over. Now, they had to keep themselves concealed until they completed their mission.

They began to adjust to their new home quickly, settling into spaces they found comfort in. But not Iridessa. Greece had changed her forever. Anyone could see it in the way she and Makkari stole more things than they bought. They could see it in her actions as she chose not to sneak out to interact with humans the way Sersi did. They could see it in her eyes. They forever held a pain in them no one could heal. She lost the excitement for exploration, and she was wary of what would happen if she got too attached again. She spent hours alone in the forest near their estate wandering in silence. The others left her alone under Ajak's orders.

"She just needs time," Ajak sighed, shaking her head.

"How much time?" Ikaris pressed, his concern for Iridessa's abandonment of their mission overriding anything else.

His concern made sense, however, seeing as Ajak had been saying this for nearly six hundred years now. All this time, she'd spent mourning a long gone empire. They'd raised many empires since then and watched them fall. Yet, Greece had stuck with her and put her in this permanent despondent state. He was really voicing the concerns of some of the other Eternals as well. Thena, for example, was beginning to worry this change in Iridessa would be permanent.

"You know how Iridessa is. She feels deeply and loves fiercely. We cannot be rough with her in these times," Ajak answered, "You and the others have been more than enough to handle the Deviants. When she is ready, she will fight alongside you again."

He nodded stiffly, his dislike for her plan clear. Ajak sighed as he left the room. She moved to the window and looked out over the expansive land they'd purchased to build their home. They blended in rather well with the humans, mimicking their estates and livelihoods outside of the walls. Inside, it was clear something special resides here as the artifacts from around the world were displayed in one area, Phastos' inventions in another, and a massive theatre took up one corner for Sprite to create her illusions.

Like a mother watching over her children, Ajak took in the day to day interactions of her group. Kingo and Sprite were playing pranks, a now more common occurrence seeing as the group spent so much time in the estate. Thena was watching off to one side with a slight smile. Ikaris had joined Sersi who was attempting to weave like she'd seen the humans do. They talked in hushed voices but Ajak knew he was bringing up his concerns about Iridessa. Her eyes landed then on Makkari who was looking around. She jogged over to a shadow of a figure, Ajak knew was Druig. She could just barely make out their conversation in the dim light.

"Where is Dessa?"

"Out."

"Again?"

"Sprite brought up her Ikaris story."

Makkari sighed.

"It's been so long. Why is she still hurting?"

"She hasn't found a reason to move on."

The two paused a moment just taking that in. They both knew it was true. Iridessa needed some sort of proof that humans were still worth it. She needed her passion, her excitement, back. They just didn't know how to get it back.

"Please, go after her."

"Ajak won't let me."

"And you always do what Ajak says?"