Post Credits

Weeks later, the group on the Domo had settled into a general routine. They spent most days doing whatever they wanted just to pass the time. This meant Mateo got all the attention he could've possibly wanted. Makkari was the perfect aunt. She and Mateo got along well despite the fact that they couldn't understand each other just yet. They'd begun teaching him sign language but he wasn't picking it up as fast as he had English and Spanish. They seemed to just get each other though.

At the current moment, Makkari was showing him some of the stuff she'd collected over the years. They'd given much of it away to human museums before they left, but she had begged to keep a few things. Now she was passing down her collection one thing at a time to the little boy who was completely enamored by the strange objects. Iridessa had noticed his favorite things were the paintings. He'd point out something, say it in Spanish, then look to Makkari and say it in English. She'd sign it to him and he'd mimic the sign with a bright smile repeating the word in Spanish and English.

Iridessa had been watching them for nearly a half hour, a soft smile on her face. She didn't want to interrupt. But it was getting really late.

"Mateo, bedtime," she called over.

"Ahh..." he groaned, pouting.

Makkari looked equally annoyed with being interrupted. She didn't want to stop either.

"C'mon. I let you stay up an extra hour anyway," Iridessa chuckled holding out her hand, "Say good night."

He walked over and took her hand.

"Buenos noches," he called back to Makkari with a wave.

She signed good night back to him with a smile. He paused then let go of Iridessa's hand to mimic it.

"Buenos noches!" he repeated doing the motion again.

Both women laughed and Makkari nodded. He looked up at Iridessa with a proud smile.

"Bueno, mijo," she smiled.

The two headed to his room. It had originally been Kingo's room, but the little boy had fallen in love with the layout and design as soon as he'd wandered in one day. He walked over to his bed and climbed up into it. Iridessa moved to sit beside him as he snuggled into his pillow.

"Are we going to meet more people tomorrow?" he asked.

"I dunno," she answered truthfully, "Did you have a good day today?"

He nodded. He then let out a big yawn. She laughed lightly running a hand through his hair. He smiled up at her. His new tooth was almost completely in now, but he had two more loose ones on the bottom. She began to hum softly. His eyes closed and soon his breathing leveled out. Once she was sure he was asleep, she left the room.

When she came back into the main room, Druig and Thena had wandered in too. Druig glanced up with a smile when he saw her.

"Is he asleep?" he asked.

"Yep," she nodded, "I guess all that learning tired him out."

Makkari smiled with a proud look on her face. Her smile slipped a bit though.

"We haven't heard from the others in weeks," she pointed out, concern on her features, "It's like they just...disappeared."

"Arishem," Thena stated darkly.

All four of them froze. They should have known there was going to be consequences for what they did. They directly defied their maker and failed in their true purpose. Arishem would not take that lightly. There was no doubt he'd gone to Earth and took the ones who'd stayed behind.

"We have to go back then," Iridessa said immediately, "We can't leave them alone to deal with this."

Suddenly, a strange energy filled the room. Thena's weapons formed instantly as Iridessa's eyes took on their orange glow.

"I feel it too," Makkari signed seeing the other two react.

There was something happening in the hall. Druig looked around, confused by the women suddenly being on guard. The three moved toward the hall where strange blue and green lines began to appear. The area seemed to warp then it spat out a person who hit the ground with a grunt. They all exchanged confused looks as the man sat up laughing.

"Agh, my ears," he groaned numbing one ear, "They're numb! Even my eyes are numb."

Before them stood the strangest looking man they'd ever seen. He had pointed ears much like what the humans called "elves" in their myths and legends. His forearms were incredibly hairy and he had spots. He was also dressed strangely, not quite like an Eternal, but close.

"Alright, no more drunk teleporting for you," he said to himself.

"Um-" Thena began.

"Wait, wait. Hang on," he cut her off, stumbling a bit.

Iridessa let out a small laugh as Makkari smiled. He seemed utterly ridiculous. He straightened a bit and cleared his throat. He then began imitating the fanfare of a trumpet. The others tensed once again as the strange warped lines appeared in the hallway. This time they were more intense, brighter and moving faster.

"Behold!" the drunk creature announced and the distinctive outline of a person appeared as the colors faded, "The royal prince of Titan, brother of Thanos, Knave of Hearts-"

"Thanos' brother?" Makkari turned to the others looking confused and shocked.

"Defeater of Black Robert," the creature continued.

"Roger," the person corrected with a chuckle.

"Oh, right. Sorry. Defeater of Black Roger. The great adventurer, Starfox of Mystery Planet," the creature finished and the person finally came into the light.

Now he was definitely dressed like an Eternal in red and white armor with a golden cape. He smiled and bowed to the other Eternals.

"What a pleasure to make your acquaintance," he greeted, "My fellow Eternals."

Iridessa glanced back at Druig with a concerned look. He stood understanding the look immediately and moved to stand by her. Starfox turned to the creature he'd come with. Now that they were side by side, it was clear to see he was some sort of dwarf-like being.

"You know, you don't have to do the whole thing every time," the Eternal pointed out with a vaguely annoyed look.

"Oh but everything you do is so impressive," the dwarf gasped, "Why would I leave it off the list?"

"I know it's impressive-"

"Who are you?" Iridessa cut off their bickering before it could go on, suspicion clear in her voice.

The two turned back to them.

"I'm Eros," the Eternal explained, "This is Pip. And you are as beautiful as legends say, Iridessa."

He smirked playfully seeing the way her eyes flashed a brighter orange as a threat. He didn't seem fazed at all when Druig put a hand on her waist and glared at him.

"What do you want, lads?" he questioned sharply.

"Pip and I are here to help," Eros answered nodding to the dwarf, "Aren't we?"

Pip raised the mug of beer he'd holding and belched. Makkari made a face. Eros held up a small sphere, exactly like the one that Ajak had used to communicate with Arishem and then passed to Sersi.

"Your friends are in big trouble. And we know where to find them."

The End