03. Nightmare

C H A E Y E O N G

My body felt numb, my ears rang a high pitch noise that rendered my senses useless. The air held such a crispness to it that my body felt like it was being pushed down and smothered. The cold metal fell from tiny hands, the smell of gun powder remained thick in the dark living room.

"Chaeyeong, hon- honey, come here." My father stuttered out from the floor, clutching his side where blood oozed from him. My knees buckled, making me drop to the floor and crawl my way over to my dying father. "Honey, loo- look at me."

My small hand grab his left side, his blood was warm against my trembling hands. His free hand came up to my face, slightly stroking it, I couldn't tell if it was my hot tears or his blood that was heating up my face. Snort dribbled from my nose and my crying turned to hysterics.

"It's not your fault, honey." His hand fell from my face landing on the blood stained carpet, my bloody hands moved to his face, slightly shaking him.

"Dad? Dad! Come one, wake up! Please wake up, please." My voices turned to a whisper as my throat started to become hoarse. "DAADDD!!!"

I woke up in ferocious sweat that layered my pale skin, my rapid heartbeat pounded against my ear drums, feeling like walls were closing in on me fast and hard. I focused on my breathing, trying to take control back from my stupid nightmares.

Slowly but surely, my breathing started to become stable, my heartbeat slowed to an even beat. I take this opportunity to to finally check my phone from my nightstand.

'9:08pm'

'Loey' – Yo, you fell asleep on the couch last night. I put you to bed and locked the door on the way out. I know Monday is your day off, but I'll see you at the club.'

'Roomie' – I made you dinner and left it in the fridge, you were still asleep when I left this afternoon. Please eat and stay hydrated.'

After Chanyeol dropped me off home last night, he stayed for a bit and we chatted in the living room. I didn't even have time to grab a drink before bed, to stop my nightmares from taking my mind hostage.

I'm very grateful to have befriended someone like Chanyeol, he tries his hardest to take care of me, even though I tell him I don't need help six times a day.

Yixing, he's the reason I have a place to stay and job, not to mention he stopped me from being a complete loner. He like a brother I never had, I owe him everything.

Finally relaxing a little, I take my time walking into the kitchen, taking in the street nightlight outside our apartment window. Our apartment was on the nicer side, not too small and definitely not to big, perfect for the both of us.

My room was on the left side of the apartment with a separate bathroom, while Yixing's was on the right with his own private bathroom. An open living and kitchen connected the two. Yixing and I split rent, go halves in the grocery shops and take turns cooking.

Opening the fridge, a bowl of Kimchi Bokumbap covered with glad wrap was placed right next to my last Soju bottle. Taking both out, I place the bokumbap in the microwave and open the soju bottle, throwing the cap into the normal bin.

While my food heats up, I decide to pull up social media on my phone. Alright Byun Baekhyun, who are you? I try searching his name, to my dismay nothing comes up, Kim Minseok and Do Kyungsoo also nothing. None of the boys from the club have any social media accounts, that's odd, very odd.

The beep of the microwave dragged me out of my deductive thoughts. Taking my piping hot bowl and some metal chopsticks I finally sit at the bench and drink my Soju along with my meal. Once again my thoughts wouldn't shut up and I took to google this time.