08. Talk

C H A E Y E O N G

I spent the rest of the morning with my mother, I sat with her with her while she stared out the window, I would rub my thumb over her hand every now and then to remind her I'm here. Around midday I moved her over to her bed, as her eyes were starting to droop every now and then. I laid with her until her breath hollowed out and she was finally asleep.

It wasn't long after, that I left her to her rest and went to find Taeyong. Descending the stairs, I could hear the booming laugh of the one and only Mark Lee. His bright pink mullet stands out against his all black outfit. 

"Well, well, well... if it isn't the one and only Lee Chaeyeong, back after four years." He stands to greet me as I enter the room. "You lasted a bit longer this time."

"Shut up, Mark." I walk past Mark and stand in front of Taeyong, who's lounges on the white leather couch. "Take me home, please. I have work tonight."

"As you wish." Taeyong starts to get up from the couch, I move a lot quicker than him and set my path for the front door. As my hand grazed the heavy doors, they opened swiftly. Ten's coffee eyes stared into mine, the guilt swirled around them. He dragged his eyes away from mine and onto Taeyong who was now standing behind me. 

"Taeyong, Chaeyeong." He slightly bows as he pushes past the both of us.

"Well, that was awkward." Taeyong lets out a small laugh at the tension.

"Just take me home." 

That car ride was silent, I just wanted to get home and shower. Explain to Yixing, even though I have a feeling Baekhyun has already filled everyone in on what happening. Why does my life have to be so complicated.

Pulling up to my apartment complex a shiny black Audi RS7 was parked right out front, with a Byun Baekhyun wearing a leather jacket and plain white tee, leaning against it with his phone against his ear.

The slamming of Taeyong's car door caught his attention, he quickly ended his call and started to walk towards me.

"I thought I told you to stay." He says to me before I even reach him, he looks pissed, but then again I've never seen him smile so he always looks like that. 

"You should know I never listen to instructions." I say as I start to walk past him.

"Chaeyeong," he grabs my wrist, "We need to talk."

I shake his hand off and continue to walk, "Well, are you coming up or what?" I call out to him when I noticed he hasn't followed me.

We were both silent in the elevator up, I bit my lip out of nervous habit. Baekhyun spared me a glance every once in a while, I'm guessing he doesn't know where to look. He stood behind me while I put the code in to our lock, Baekhyun started to take in the lounge room and kitchen. 

"It looks different since the last time I was here." He says as he moves to run his hand over the plush grey blanket that draped over the couch. "You've definitely added your touch to the place." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" I don't know why I'm getting defensive, maybe because I barely slept last night and have had a tiring day.

The freckle that rest on the right side of his upper lip slightly pulls up as he smirks at my tone. "Relax, Bambi." He starts to shed his jacket, throwing it on the couch. "Maybe if you stayed in my bed like you were told you and slept some more, you wouldn't be so grouchy."

I scoff at his sarcasm. "I'm going for a shower, my room is down the hall, on the right. Wait for me there and don't touch anything."

I took my time in the shower, spending most my time letting the hot water run down my body. I washed my hair and body and then stood there for a bit longer. Stepping out of the shower into the steamy bathroom, I realised I didn't even bring a change of clothes with me. Damn it