43. Questions Left Unanswered

Two years later...

Her blood saturated my already stained dress, and I was nearly completely covered in blood that wasn't my own. Her eyes were lifeless, her body was cold, colder than normal. My trembling hands struggled to find the pulse point on her neck. There was nothing, she was gone.

"Mum, please." I started to rock her body in mine. "Please don't leave me, I promised to get you out of this mess. I promised."

It didn't take long for my hysterics to turn to rage. I placed her body on the ground, closing her eyes with my bloody fingers. I managed to stand back up on my wobbly legs, I slowly took a few steps backwards and pulled my gun from the strap on my thigh.

I point it at his head. "Bambi...DON'T!" I heard Baekhyun yell and try to shuffle his way towards me.

"Save me a seat in hell, you fucker." I say through gritted teeth and a gun shot rang out.

I jolt awake, sweat covering my body, my heart beating so fast it might burst a hole through my ribcage. I sat upright in bed, elbows resting on my knees that had been brought up to my chest. I pressed the heels of my palm in my eye sockets, trying to wipe the image away.

It's been two years, two years since that horrible night, where I lost my mother.

I only thing that I remember clearly was the last gunshot that rang out, everything after that was a blur. It comes back to me in bits and pieces, the image of Dohwa falling to the floor, with a bullet wound to his head is something that sticks in my head the most.

I didn't shoot him. As much as I want to, I didn't pull the trigger in time. Ten did.

Taeyong told me that he spoke to him before he disappeared into hiding. He said that he couldn't take back all of the wrongdoings, but this was a start, that he was sorry for everything. I didn't forgive him at first, after the first year of being so angry, I decided that I needed to forgive to move on.

Large warm hands made their way to my back, causing me to jump a little bit. "It's okay, Bambi. It's just me." Baekhyun says lowly, using his soothing voice to calm my raging heartbeat.

My nightmares had subsided a lot during these two years, it only happens every now and then. The anniversary was coming up next month, I think that why my nightmares are starting to pick up again.

"Just another nightmare, I'm okay." I reassure him. "I think all the wedding planning has been stressing me out."

Baek smiles as me, knowing that I'm just trying to make light of the situation and not worry him. "Or it might have something to do with anniversary that's coming up."

"Why did we have to have a wedding so close to that date." The tears start to prick in my eyes.

Baek takes me into his arms, pulling me down so I'm lying on his chest, my head pressed against him. "You insisted on this date because it was the date in between your parents' deaths. I wanted a nice white winter wedding."

I felt the vibration as he chuckled, remember the discuss we had when we decided when exactly to get married. "Yeah, I did fight tooth and nail to get this date. I almost got into a fist fight with the other bride who was trying to book the venue for the same day."

"I know, Yixing told me after it happened. He texted me as soon as he got you in the car." Baek starts to twirl my long black hair, running the fine strands through his fingers. "Now, sleep. We have a big day tomorrow."

o   

After sleeping for a few more hours, it was finally time to wake up and start the day. Baekhyun had left with most of Exo, the group had reminded under that name, even though they ran different departments back at headquarters.