13. Ten

C H A E Y E O N G

"You don't have to pretend that it doesn't hurt." Baekhyun spoke softly as he lightly dabbed a wet cloth on the searing heat on my shoulder blade.

"I'm not pretending, I just know how to hide it." I pout slightly as I look away from him and find interest in the swirls that dance around the counter top I'm currently sitting on.

"Your nose crinkles," he paused his light padding as my head spun around to look at him. Those damn eyes "Your nose crinkles when you feel any type of pain." He places the cloth down as he starts to apply the antiseptic.

My nose crinkling slightly as the stinging sensation.

"How'd you figure that one out?" My hand gripped my knee a littler tighter.

"You know we have cameras right? You think I don't noticed when you hit your hip into a bench or when you smash your elbow into something?" He placed the antiseptic down and keep his gaze on me. "Well, I do and you make that same face."

I did not plan for my day to include me sitting here having Baekhyun attended to the abrasion that was created by his truly.

I was actually up early this morning, made breakfast for myself and Baekhyun while I waiting for Jongdae to arrive. There was no awkward tension between Baekhyun and myself, we've managed to feel comfortable living in each other's presence. Which made my somewhat complicated life, easier.

Jongdae burst through the front door spot on 12pm. "Afternoon beautiful people! Its time to learn some defence." He fisted bumped my own hand before shoving me out the back door.

The sun was quite warm today, beaming down on us as we stood in the green grass, forming beads of sweat that eventually would roll down my face or chest.

Baekhyun sat on the stairs to the back decking, somewhat in the shade as his white shirt was tucked into his red dress pants. His sepia hair was half slick back, some strands still falling over his forehead.

Jongdae ran me through the basics first, he was hesitant about letting me try the technique out on him in case I broke his nose once again, however, he did get over the fear and was left unscathed.

By the time we finished up the sun was starting to set, creating a cool breeze that wrapped around us, soothing the tension in my shoulders slightly. Jongdae patted my back as he exited back through the front door, saying he had some things to do before work.

My body couldn't remain still as I took a few sips from the glass of water that Baekhyun gave me. His eyes raked over my form, a small smile formed on his lips.

"Want to have quick spar?"

"What?!" I was never expecting to have him actually willing want to spar with me. "Sure, but no going easy on me." We both moved to stand on the luscious grass that was now slightly torn up from my training.

"Never, Bambi." I hadn't leant how to attack yet, only how to subdue, which means I won't be landing any punches on my opponent just yet.

He moves into a loose fighting stance, not taking his eyes from mine. I follow his suit, trying to mimic his movements all while standing in a way that made me feel comfortable.

Our eyes were trained to one another, I managed to catch every movement of his feet as they shift around the grass slightly. I must have let my eyes fall for a moment because as I looked back up, Baekhyun was moving towards me and quickly.

I've never seen Baekhyun physically fight before, sure I've seen Chanyeol beat some guy to an absolute pulp one time or the rest of the guys get in casual fist fights. But Baekhyun was different.