41. Before The Fall

C H A E Y E O N G

Tonight was finally the night, the night of the ball and the night Dohwa's empire was officially going to fall. I had to come separately to the rest of the group, we couldn't let Dohwa know about the alliance with NCT or the fact that I was back with Baekhyun, this was a safety precaution.

NCT had arrived earlier, scouting out the area and starting to set a few things in motion, like how they were going to slowly get out everyone out, using the various exits.

The wind nipped at my exposed shoulders and back, causing my straight hair to whip around me slightly. My dress was a deep mulberry silk, it was form fitting around my hips, falling down my legs and opening to a slit. The top of my dress was a deep neckline, falling down in between the crevice of my cleavage, the back was open and draped down towards my butt.

This was my version of a revenge dress. Revenge for all the years of torment that man put me through. Revenge for the pain and suffering he put my loved ones through. Revenge for every person this man has ever person hurt, tormented, manipulated, and mutilated.

It was time for peace, for everyone.

Walking through the revolving door of the hotel foyer, the air immediately felt warmer. The foyer was elegant looking, with a giant diamond chandelier falling ever so delicately in the centre of the room. For a hotel of this size and grandeur, it really was as quiet as a graveyard in here at the moment, the only people in the room were the other mafia and gang members that were making their way through the grand door to the right.

As I walk closer to the glass doors, where a few terrifying people were standing waiting to be let in by the guard, I heard the loud scuffing of a certain group of males. Yixing was in a van close to the venue with Kyungsoo as he set up his computers and gadgets, ready to keep an eye on us with the cams on our bodies. Minseok, after helping Yuta plants some bombs earlier in the day, sat in another car, down the block.

I knew the rest of the guys were behind me, I knew that Baekhyun was standing a few feet away from me, Where a jet black suit with no undershirt, his sepia hair tousled and looking like the most attractive man I've ever seen – I would know, I did dressed him before I left tonight.

We agreed not to speak to one another until we were either alone or the mission was coming to a close, it was proving to be a hard task already, when all I wanted was to turn around and give him a kiss and cuddle.

The group in front of me had finally moved through the doors, allowing me to walk towards the body guard and hand him my red envelope. He nods his head before opening the door for me and allowing me to walk in.

The air in here was different, like I just stepped into another world, it was suffocating and thick all around. The room felt like a giant cylinder, there was a white marble, with accents of gold and black imperial staircase that lined the back wall. The two stairs joined in the middle, creating a decent size landing that lead up another set of stairs to a much larger landing.

He's definitely going to make and entrance through there.

My eyes fall around the room, catching sight of the few NCT members that I recognise. Johnny was talking to a group of very stunning girl, all with different shades of blonde hair. The energetic younger male, Haechan, was talking to a group of guys that looked around his age, one with powder blue hair.

Jaehyun was walking around with someone I haven't met yet, glasses of bubbly champagne in their hands, they were obviously checking out the room. I moved further in the room, only to bump into the cocky male with hot pink hair, he sent my wink to which I frown out and left him standing there.