31. Drowning

C H A E Y E O N G

Exo Members and Lee Chaeyeong,

You are formally invited to dine at the Lee Estate, this Sunday evening. Please wear your best attire and join us for the feist of our time.

We look forward to seeing you there, no weapons to be present.

Lee Dohwa of Lee Pharmaceuticals

"Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." I spin my body around from the floor length mirror in mine and Baekhyun's bedroom, my eyes meeting the one and only, Park Chanyeol.

"You sure do clean up well." I rake my eyes up and down taking in his outfit of a plain and form fitted navy suit. He continued to do the same as he eyes fell over my skin-tight dress that reached mid thighs and wrapped around my neck. My tights were sheer, and my boots reached my knees while a heavy coat rested on my shoulders.

He moved from his position in the door to standing right behind me, boring his own eyes into my chocolate brown one. "Why him?"

I look at him dumbfounded, "What do you mean?" I question him, now turning around to face him.

"Why Baekhyun? Out of all the members, why him?" he moved closer, making our faces only centimetres apart, to which I leaned slightly back from.

"You can't help who you fall in love with, Yeol." I don't know hat has gotten into him, there's something different in his eyes, something I'm unable to read and that scares me. "What's wrong?"

"You're right." He says completely ignoring my question as his breath hits my face, I can already smell the alcohol on his breath. "You can't help who you fall for. I guess, I just didn't expect her to fall in love with someone else right in front of my face."

I understand now.

Chanyeol fell in love with me, yet I was too oblivious to even notice his advances or affections and now I'm in love with someone else. I hurt him. I hurt him without even meaning to and I'm a horrible friend for not noticing sooner.

I'm sorry, Chanyeol.

"Am I interrupting something?" the smooth silky voice of the man I fell in love with resonated around the room. His hands were in the pockets of his baby blue suit, the same suit he wore the first time we met.

"No, nothing." Chanyeol backs away from me and makes his way out the door. Leaving the air a lot lighter, Baekhyun walked over to me, his calloused yet soft fingers found they way to my face, slightly applying pressure.

"Are you okay?" his fingers gently move across my skin.

"Always."

It didn't take long for all of us to pile into our designated cars and drive to the pits of hell, the Lee Estate. Baekhyun and I travelled in his car, while Junmyeon, Minseok, Kyungoo travelled in Junmyeon's car, Chanyeol, Jongin, Yixing and Sehun were situated in Yixing's car.

The closer we became to the property that I loathed so much, the more the angry and anxious butterflies stormed my stomach, causing me to fill with worry and nausea. Baekhyun must have been able to sense my raging discomfort as his hand manoeuvred small circles on my thigh, only taking his hand off to shift gears.

There was just some instinctual feeling, telling me, warning me that tonight wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows, that something was going to go terribly wrong. And my gut feeling is never wrong.

We all collectively parked pour cars on the pebble stone driveway, the pebbles crunching beneath our shoes as we walked together, Baekhyun with Junmyeon flanking his right, while he protectively gripped my hand on his left. The others trailed behind as we ascended the marble stairs and were met with Taeyong, Mark and Ten, standing at the entrance. One hell of a greeting.