33. Plan of Action

C H A E Y E O N G

"Bambi?" Baekhyun's voice sounded from the space behind me. Taeyong immediately stood up from his spot, whether it was to make sure we kept space between one another or simply to greet the male.

"Baek-"

"Would you excuse us, Jaehyun?" I interrupt Taeyong from saying whatever he was going to and stand up to address Jaehyun. "You can start without us."

"Take your time." Jaehyun sends me a small smile that still shows off his dimples.

I step over Haechan's legs and around the couch, both Taeyong and Baekhyun made a step towards me, Taeyong being closer, made it to me first. "I'll be okay, Tae."

He sends me a quick smile before I look at Baekhyun, actually look at him. His normal obsidian eyes that held the whole galaxy, that ones that were always so bright were now hollow and void of any sparkle that always mesmerised me.

The dark purple hues under his eyes were deep and very much visible. His white t-shirt and black dress pants were full of crinkles, a vast difference from his usual clean cut and ironed clothing. My heart broke a little further taking in his appearance, even when he had been stabbed, he looked better than this.

I manage to tear my eyes away from his, giving a small half-hearted smile to the two standing behind him, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo. I nod my head towards the front door, signally to talk outside, to which he gives me a small nod and follows me out into the warmer weather.

The beaming sun made his dishevelled sepia hair shine brighter into a warmer smooth caramel, how I missed running my fingers through it when he would rest his head on my lap, claiming that he wasn't falling asleep, just resting his eyes.

I missed how the freckle that adorned his lip would pull and tug up when he smiled or smirked at me. How his eyes used to peak over the papers he was looking at, just to watch me read a book that I had stolen from his shelve. I miss his displeasure at my poor manners of shoving my feet on his desk or his couch, to which he would plop down on the couch next to me and put my feet on his lap instead.

I miss how his hands used to connect the moles that littered my hips when we laid in bed together. I miss when Jongin would playfully banter with me, his hands our always find they way around my waist and give me a tight squeeze. That he would purposely antagonising me just so I could train to the best of my ability, that he even took the time to be patient and understanding about me and my journey so far.

I miss him.

"Bambi." He whispered out, looking up and down my body, as if he was seeing if I was actually real and standing in front of him. He moved in inch forward, but quickly refrained. "I think you might punch me in the face if I move any closer."

I really tried my hardest not to smile at his statement, I tried my hardest, yet here I am, smiling at his remembrance of my violent tendencies. The light in his flicked at he watched me try not to laugh, it was quickly snubbed out when I stopped myself from showing any happiness and regaining my composure.

"Why? Why did you lie this whole time to me?" My eyes started to burn as the tears started to fill my waterline. "Was any of it real?"

"Chaeyeong, how I feel about you is something I could never fake. I tried my absolute hardest to not fall for you, I couldn't. But there you were, big chocolate brown eyes, mouth like a sailor and a smile that made me melt into a puddle at your feet."

He took a small step forward, as I wrapped my arms around my body, stopping myself running into him. "When did this start?"

"About six years ago. When I was 16, I sent my father away to prison and my mother disappeared, she found your dad and told her to look after me. He sent me to the Corporation and started me on my training and one day he disappeared as well. I never had the chance to thank him.