05. Plum

C H A E Y E O N G

The rest of the week was rather calm compared to the weekend I had. Tuesday I went back to the club like usual, Baekhyun was a no show. Wednesday was slow day at the club by myself, I spent my night throwing broken up Pepero into Chanyeol and Jongin's mouth. Chanyeol had no meeting that night while Sehun was kept very busy in the private rooms. 

Thursday night was on the busier side, once again Baekhyun was no where in sight. Chanyeol and Sehun were busy running meeting all night, Jongin spent his night hustle men out of money of course and Jongdae had a busy night of sending people home. Minseok came up to the bar that night, he may look scary but once he smiles that cute feline smile of his, you melt under his softness. 

It was a Friday night and I was currently getting ready early, I was wearing my normal faux leather pants along with a corset blazer that stopped at my waist, leaving a bit of skin showing. My makeup was almost done when Yixing walked into my room. 

He flopped down on to my bed with a loud sigh, he was wearing a pair of sweat pants and black shirt. When I didn't respond to his first sigh, he proceeded to sigh again, this time even louder. 

"Yes, Yixing? How may I help you?" He props himself up on his elbow, it is only now that I can see how drowned out his face looks. "Woah, are you feeling okay?"

"I don't feel very well," he speaks in a out that slightly shows of his dimples. "I can't keep anything down without throwing it up two seconds later." 

I move over to my bed and lean down next to him, placing my hand against his forehead, wow he really is burning up.

"Okay! You go back to bed and sleep off that fever, I will go into work early and tell Junmyeon you can't come in, I mean Baekhyun, I'll tell him you're sick and can't come in."

"It's Friday though, it's a busy night for us."

"Don't worry, I got this." I pat his head and stand up, walking to my bedroom door. "Now you go back to bed and I'll bring you some medicine when I come home." He lazily makes way to his own room. I put my boots on and grab my bag, disregarding a coat as it's getting warmer these days. I turn the light out before closing and locking the front door. 

Getting the club earlier than I usually do, Jongdae gave me questioning look. "Someone is early today? Trying to impress the boss are we?" I jokingly slap his arm and he whines in pain. 

"Yixing is sick so it just me tonight." We then do our normal fist bump before he escorts me to the bar. "Do you mind letting me upstairs with your fancy watch please, I need to inform Mr. Byun of Yixing's sickness." 

"Since you asked nicely." He replies sarcastically as I quickly throw my bag into my locker and pour an orange juice with heavy ice and bring it with me while following Jongdae to the elevator.

The elevator door opens and we both walk in, he taps his watch against the key pad, he presses the button before walking out and leaving me alone. The ride up was a little nerve racking to say the least, Baekhyun and I haven't spoken since he dropped me off to my apartment Monday night. Part of me wants him to be here and other part of me doesn't

"I think we should send Jongin and myself with you, Baekhyun." I heard the deep voice of Kyungsoo as the door opened. 

"I'll stay here and take care of the place-" Junmyeon stopped half way through his sentence when he noticed my presence. Three pair of eyes all focused on my figure emerging from the elevator; however, a pair of glistening obsidian ones snared my own. 

I walk over to Junmyeon who's sitting on one of the couches across from Kyungsoo while Baekhyun stands. I put one hand on Junmyeon's shoulder while the other holding his orange juice places it on the coffee table in front of him.