34. Glass Tower

34. Glass Tower

B A E K H Y U N

"Everything is in there?" I ask Junmyeon as I give a quick flick through the documents that were printed and slipped into a couple manilla folders.

"Yes, sir." Junmyeon replies formally as we stand in the lobby of 'Eri Corporation', waiting for elevator to arrive. "I triple checked everything."

'Eri Corporation' was in the center of Seoul, an insanely tall building with glass windows surrounding the whole thing, a glass tower if you will. For civilians strolling down the street, they would have no idea this modern a tall tower was the workplace of many undercover agent and spies, all trained to kill.

The agonizingly slow elevator finally reached the lobby, dinging as the metal doors slide open. Junmyeon and myself both walked in, Junmyeon leaned over to press the button labelled '36' while I fixed the black tie that adorned my black and crinkle free suit.

"Hold the door!" a familiar voice called out as her manicured hand slide in between the closing gap, Junmyeon's hand moving to the button to open the doors for her. "Oh! Baekhyun, Suho! Haven't seen you guys in ages!"

Bae Juhyun, known as Irene, was the leader of 'Red Velvet'. They are group of special agents that deal with a lot of bomb and terrorist threats, they spend a lot of time in other countries and come back here every now and then.

"Hi guys! How's the undercover mafia thing coming along?" Kang Seulgi, follows in after her, running her fingers through her dark hair. "How was Busan?"

"Nothing really eventful happened in Busan, was pretty big waste of time if I'm being honest." I could have been home in Seoul, dealing with this Dohwa situation a lot earlier. Could have spent more time with Chaeyeong. "Looks like our current mission is also coming to a close soon."

"How was America? You guys were there for what, a year?" Junmyeon, also known as Suho in thew company, asks as he steps closer to me, letting the girls have a bit more space in the cramped area.

"Absolute waste of time." Seulgi groaned out as she learned against the metal frame. "At least the bars were good though."

"What she means to say is we spent the last year responding to false threats." Irene interrupts. "That meant we had a lot of down time, which Seulgi spent getting free drinks at the bar."

"Hey, I can't help it that American guys fall for a quick bat of the eyelashes." Seulgi defends.

Both Junmyeon and I chuckle lightly along with their story telling, within a matter of minutes the elevator dinged on the '35' level, letting the girls get off as they were most likely going to their office before going up to meet with Lee Sooman.

Once the ladies were out of the elevator and the doors had closed once again, we let out a breath we didn't know we were holding, both lightly laughing along at our synchronized moves.

"Haven't been back here for a bit over six months and it feels like everything has changed." I spoke to Junmyeon as the elevator doors opened up once more, letting us out.

"Last time we were here was when you got back from Busan." He speaks as we walk down the long hallway, passing a few others that we recognise, giving slight nods in greetings. "Time really flies when you're having fun."

"Oh, you have jokes now." I smile at him as we get closer to the CEO's office, loosing all professionalism as I lightly nudge his shoulder.

"Chaeyeong is the only one that laughs at them, the others just pick on me." He laughs as our conversation fell into casualism, forgetting where we currently were.