1- Emerald Eyes

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is a lot of things. Hardworking, friendly, loyal, and selfless. Being punctual is not one of those things, though she tries.

She sits hunched over at her desk, finishing the last details of her last sketch, a beautiful ballgown dress with red lace and black rhinestones. It's her application for Gabriel Agreste's new internship he's hosting for the new year. It's due today and thanks to being Paris' guardian, she couldn't find the time to complete it. She knew there would be other people applying, but she hoped deep down she would get chosen. It was her dream. Her phone rings and she glances over, sighing, and ignores Nadia's call again. She knows exactly what she wants: a babysitter, and while Marinette would love to earn some extra money and help a friend out, she has too much on her plate at the moment. Designing Jagged Stone's new album cover, research project/essay for school, helping her parents in the bakery after school, not to mention her superhero secret. She didn't have time for anything else, but it was all anyone asked for.

Tikki picks up the pink clock sitting on the desk and waves it in Marinette's face. "You have exactly one hour before school starts. That should be enough time to give Jagged Stone your album concept and finish the last page of your essay."

"Don't forget I have to turn in my application for Gabriel Agreste's internship, Tikki!" Marinette reminds her as she shades in a rhinestone. "If I'm late, it'll be the end of everything. That's why I woke up extra early today."

"You didn't sleep at all," Her kwami points out.

Marinette laughs. "Same difference. I'm done. Let's go." She opens her purse and Tikki flies in and after grabbing her stuff, she races downstairs only to be stopped by her mother.

"Any faster, honey, and you'll be traveling at the speed of light." Sabine pinches her cheek and turns to grab something. "Can you do me a favor? I have some important documents that need to go to the mayor, but your father and I are on our way to go visit your grandfather. Think you can squeeze me into your busy schedule?"

"I always have time for you, Mom." Marinette hugs her mom and takes the folder from her. If she sprinted, she could make it. "Tell grandpa I said hi."

Sabine waves. "Have a good day, honey!"

The pig-tailed girl races out of the bakery, ignoring the rules of the crosswalk as she runs across the city towards the mayor's hotel.  She heads in, out of breath, and increases her step as she sees her classmate, Chloe. She ducks behind a wall before she's spotted and sees the mayor coming out of the elevator. "Mayor Bourgeois!" She shouts, waving her arm as she struts over. He stops and turns around. "I have some important papers from my mother."

"Oh, thank you, Marinette!" Mayor Bourgeois takes the folder from her. "I was expecting these today."

"Well, gotta go, bye!" She steps past him and in the elevator, riding up to Jagged Stone's room to meet him. She searches through her backpack for the album cover art and trips out of the elevator as the doors opens. She collects herself and finds the right door and knocks and checks her phone. Still time.

Penny opens the door and smiles. "Marinette! We're so glad you're here. Come in."

"Thank you." She steps inside and finds Jagged Stone and his pet crocodile, Fang sitting together on the couch. "Hi, Jagged. I have the-"

"Aye, it's Marinette!" Jagged cheers, strumming a note on his electric guitar. "Marinette is here in my hotel room. She's here to swim in my swimming pool!" He sings and she laughs. "Just kidding. I don't have a pool. How are you today, Marinette?"

"I'm great. I'm here to drop off the album concept art," She explains, stepping forward and hanging him the disc. "If you don't like it, I can totally remake it, you'll just have to give me like a week-"