9- Miraculous Ladybugs

The Next Day

Marinette hates going to school knowing she won't see Adrien in class. It's for the best, though. With Shadowmoth targeting Adrien personally, he's safer at home behind his high locked gates under his father's protection and not putting any of his friends and classmates at risk. Still, she misses him. She walks into the locker room and finds Chloe and Aurore arguing by the lockers. What did Chloe do now? Marinette thinks with an eye roll as she walks over. "Chloe, haven't you done enough tormenting for a lifetime?"

"Butt out, Dupain-Cheng!" The blonde snaps, turning her gaze on the girl for a moment. "This is none of your business!"

"When you're yelling in front of everyone, you make it everyone's business, Chloe," Alya steps in, glaring. "Though you always did have a big mouth."

Chloe stomps her feet and fumes at the red-head. "No one asked for your input, Sidekick."

Marinette turns to Aurore. "What happened, Aurore? Why is Chloe so mad?"

"It's just a misunderstanding," She starts, trying to control her temper with deep breaths. "Chloe and I are partners for a project and we have different ideas. Mine is more practical and hers is... tacky."

"Tacky?!" Chloe interrupts, pushing her way through the crowd forming in the locker room. "My idea is amazing! Yours is ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! Who'd be dumb enough to do a project on pollution?"

Marinette steps in front of Chloe and blocks Aurore's view of her. "Don't listen to her, Aurore. I'm sure your idea is great."

"It is! And it's finished, too." Aurore reaches into her backpack and pulls out a flash drive. "I spent all night creating a PowerPoint with research I've done all week and we're going to present it this afternoon. That is, if Chloe will actually calm down and listen."

Chloe rolls her eyes. "I told you. We're not doing our project on dumb pollution. No one cares about pollution!"

"Uh..." Mylene steps forward. "I do, actually."

"No one asked you, Thread Head," Chloe snaps, and the small girl runs off in tears.

"Chloe!" Marinette shouts, angry. "You are so cruel! Can't you stop being rude and selfish and shut up long enough to hear a sentence that doesn't come out of your mouth?"

The blonde crosses her arms. "No. I'm way too important to care about something as menial as that. Besides, I had Sabrina do our project last night, so we don't need this." She snatches the flash drive out of Aurore's hand and drops it on the ground, stepping on and destroying it. "You'll thank me when we get an 'A'." She walks off with a smirk.

Aurore stares at the broken pieces of her hard work and her shoulders shake as she sobs. She squeezes her eyes tight and doesn't fight her emotions anymore. "Chloe... ruins... everything!"

"Don't worry about Chloe. She's just a jerk!" Marinette shouts that last part and looks over at the blonde as she strides out of the locker room. "Miss Bustier will understand... Aurore?"

"An akuma!" Rose shouts, shrieking, and grabs Juleka's hand and races out with the other students.

"What?!" Marinette shouts, looking up to see a purple butterfly flying over. "Aurore, you have to resist! Don't let Shadowmoth get to you!"

Alya takes her phone out and starts recording. "I've never been this close before!"

"Time to go!" Nino grabs his girlfriend's arm and drags her out of the locker room. "Come on, Marinette!"

The butterfly lands on Aurore's parasol. Her eyes go dark and she waits for Shadowmoth's instruction.

"Aurore! Aurore, you have to fight it!" Marinette shouts, shaking the girl's shoulder. "I know Chloe's cruel and mean and everything above, but don't let them do this to you!"