25- Deja Vu

"No! I can't lose that application!" Marinette crawls across the road, grabbing a loose page, and chases the other ones.

"Marinette, this is dangerous! You shouldn't be in the road," Tikki warns, pulling on her holder's purse to try and drag her out of the street.

"If I love this application, I lose everything, Tikki!" She shouts, diving head-first for a page as it flies towards the in-road sewer. "Gotcha."

A ping of familiarity shoots through Tikki ands she looks around. She has lived this before. She knows what's going to happen. It couldn't end the same way as before. Across the street, she spots Adrien waiting outside the bakery. He's too far. He had to get closer. Tikki closes her eyes and concentrates, sending a gust of wind to push Adrien forward to the crosswalk.

"Woah! Wow, it's really windy today," Adrien whispers to himself, confused. "That was weird."

"Hey, dude!" Nino greets and Alya waves.

Tikki stares at them. He's still too far away. On the road, a loose page starts flying towards the school, and the kwami uses this opportunity to her advantage. She holds her tiny hands over her mouth in a silent 'oh' and blows the page over.

"Have you guys seen Marinette yet?" Adrien asks his friends and he steps on a piece of paper as it floats under his shoes. He glances and bends down to grab it. It was a page to an application. As he looks it over, he immediately recognizes the handwriting. "This is Marinette's." His head shoots up as he hears her voice now.

"Come back here you stupid papers!"

The three look over to the familiar voice shouting across the street and find their friend Marinette crawling in the road, chasing after paper. "What is she doing?" Alya screams, jumping up to shout, "Girl! Get out of the road?"

"I don't think she can hear us," Nino says, and puts his headphones back on.

Adrien didn't know why, but something was telling him to move, to go to her, so he did. He walks down the front steps. "Marinette! Marinette!"

"That's it, keep walking closer," Tikki whispers from inside the purse. Everything is going well, so far. "There's a car coming!" The kwami tells her holder, but the wind rings harder in her ears and drowns out the bug's warning.

A loud engine roars down the street.

Without a second thought, Adrien drops his bag and takes off running. "Marinette!" His voice echoes out to the girl and she looks up at her classmate. Adrien dives forward, protectively wrapping his arms around Marinette as he tackles her out of the street. His hand rests on the back of her head as they roll and the car zooms past, the engine almost bursting their eardrums. Her breath is stolen and she lays on her back, panting, and stares up at her rescuer, her classmate, her best friend. Those familiar gorgeous emerald eyes she fell in love with a hundred times before. "Adrien..."

There's a small cut on her forehead and he gently touches it. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah..." She whispers, flustered, and she can now feel the weight of her crush laying against her. She blinks as a wave of familiarity passes through her. Was she dreaming? Had she lived this day before?

Unknown to her, he felt the exact same way.

"Thanks for saving me," Marinette laughs with a smile.

Adrien grins at the double-sided irony. "Always."