17- Backstabber

One Week Later

"Beetle Bug, have I ever told you how your suit brings out your eyes?" Catastrophe flirts, effortlessly dodging the new villain's attack. "Like two beautiful blue sapphires."

"Not today, Kitty," Ladybug answers, using her yo-yo to pull herself off the ground and flinging herself to her partner. She rests a hand on his cheek and says, "Your eyes are like two emeralds, bright and lovely to stare at."

Catastrophe smiles. "Okay, you win." He steps forward and kisses her. "But I have to warn you, it's not wise to try and out-flirt me. I have compliments that will woo you so hard, you'll dream about me for weeks."

"Aw, Kitty..."

"Are you two going to make out or fight?" Golden Mask shouts at the heroes, impatient. "I don't have all day for this."

Ladybug and Catastrophe share a look. "Why can't we do both?"

Marinette will be the first to admit their dynamic is stronger now that they both know of each other's secret identities. Living a double life as Ladybug is secret is hard, especially with Adrien currently living in her bedroom. Now that he knows, she doesn't have to lie anymore and the kwamis roam freely around him. Even if Adrien, or other identities he currently possesses, is flirting a lot more during their battles, Marinette would be lying if she said she didn't like it. Though they get distracted by each other—a lot—and the new villains try to take advantage of that.

Golden Mask extends her hand to them. "I have an idea. Give me your miraculous and you two can have all the time in the world to kiss?"

"Wow, that is tempting," Catastrophe says, nodding, and looks at Ladybug. "What you think, babe? Sound like a good deal?"

Ladybug smirks and steps forward. "I have a better idea." Standing on her toes, she kisses her partner, and throws her yo-yo out, tying up now-surprised Golden Mask. She looks over and says, "See? We can do both."

"Allow me, Beetle Bug." Catastrophe strides over and grabs the akumatized object, a masquerade mask. "Cataclysm." The mask disintegrates into black ash and the akuma is released.

Ladybug purifies the akuma and restores the damages caused. "Great battle as always, Kitty, but maybe next time don't be so distracted."

"Me, distracted?" Catastrophe asks, shocked. "If anything you're the one who's distracted. You won't stop looking at me!"

"You won't stop kissing me!" Ladybug counters, laughing.

He raises an eyebrow and asks, "I didn't hear any complaints."

She rolls her eyes. "Race ya!"

Ladybug and Catastrophe run across the rooftops of Paris, chasing each other and trying to slow the other down by blowing kisses. The red bug beats him in just seconds and they de-transform as they fall through the sky roof, landing on Marinette's bed.

They raise a fist. "Pound it."

Adrien grins. "I missed saying that."

"I did, too," Marinette whispers.

"We make a great team, Milady. How cool is it now that we're a superhero couple?" He steps down the ladder and grabs some cheese for his kwami out of her desk drawer. "No one can beat us!"

Marinette laughs as she follows him down, feeding Tikki a cookie. "It does make everything easier and stress-free. Not to mention fun." She steps forward and kisses her boyfriend. "In a way, it's like I have two boyfriends."

"Don't you mean four?" Adrien corrects. "There's me, Cat Noir, Catastrophe, and that Colin guy."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about Colin!" She jokes, smirking. "I forgot you told Alya we were dating. He's pretty cute if you ask me."