24- LadyCat

Adrien holds a pose, about to say his transformation words, when fear suddenly stops him. He didn't want to be Catastrophe anymore, but Cat Noir now. He's afraid he wouldn't be able to change. Closing his eyes, he takes in a deep breath and focuses. He focuses on the past, the good memories, and how great it feels to be Ladybug's true partner. "Plagg, claws out!" In a flash of green, black leather covers him head to toe, and he opens his eyes to see he's his old self again. "I... I'm back!"

Ladybug smiles. "I missed you, Kitty."

"I'm back!" Cat Noir repeats, laughing, and flexes his muscles.

She rolls her eyes. "Yes, yes..."

He steps across the room and gently grabs his lady's face, winking before deepening a kiss on her. She stands there, flustered, and her cheeks tint. "You don't know how long I waited to do that as my old self again."

Ladybug cups his cheek. "It's good to have you back, partner."

At midnight, they run across the sleeping city towards the Agreste mansion and sneak in through Adrien's bedroom. Cat Noir looks around, sighing. After tonight, he might never see this room again. So many good memories here... He shakes the nostalgia away, grabbing his lady's hand as he leads her through his house. He would never call this place home again.

Now it was just a building.

The duo tip-toes downstairs through the foyer and crouch by the office doors, locked like they suspected. Ladybug steps forward and takes a bobby pin out of her hair, using it to pick the lock, and it opens slightly. They rush in and close the door behind them and lock it. They stand and stare at the portrait of Adrien's mother.

"She's beautiful," Ladybug whispers, and Cat Noir agrees with a nod. "Are you ready for this, Adrien?"

He wasn't, but he had to be. "I am. It's time we finished this once and for all." Cat Noir steps forward and looks up at his painted mother. He had no idea what he'd see down there, but if his mother were truly down there, he hoped she was really gone. She didn't deserve to wake up to this nightmare. He finds the grooves Felix told him about and presses the secret buttons.

Ladybug steps closer to Cat Noir as the floor opens and the glass elevator takes them down. Cat Noir's eyes widen at the sight in front of him. How could this have been in his house this whole time without him knowing? He sees the bridge Marinette talked about, the water chasm below, and the garden under bright windows. There was a silver casket where he—unfortunately—knew his mother currently rested in. After all this, he'd give her a proper burial and funeral, like she deserved from the start.

They step out of the elevator, but Cat Noir doesn't move. His feet stay still, his legs frozen. He wasn't sure if he could do this anymore. "I... I don't think I can, Milady."

Ladybug grabs his hand. "It's okay. I'm here, Kitty. We'll do this together."

Cat Noir slowly nods and lets his lady escort him across the bridge. They reach the silver container, and he presses a palm to the touch pad. A soft hiss escapes as it opens. His mother lays still, unconscious, and Cat Noir starts crying. It was one thing to hear about your dead mother's body; it was an entirely different thing to actually see it. "Felix was right," He admits with a whisper.

"I was wondering how long it'd take for you two pests to get here." They spin around and find Hawk Moth standing on the bridge, cane in hand. "You two are inseparable, so I'm not surprised you arrived together."

Cat Noir glares at his father. "You're going to pay for all the harm you caused this city, Hawkmoth."

Hawk Moth looks directly at him. "So, you're back, Cat Noir. Welcome home."