11- Blondes Just Wanna Have Fun

Marinette adjusts her stockings as she's getting ready. Today's the third day of her internship and if she doesn't show up, it might make her look suspicious. No one can know the truth, not even Adrien's father. She'll have to be extra cautious.

"Are you really gonna go?" Adrien asks her, hanging upside down from the railing on her loft bed. She looks so pretty, he thinks to himself. "I know this is your dream and all, but my dad sucks."

"This is a great opportunity for me, Adrien, and it could boost my future career as a fashion designer. I don't want to leave you alone, but I can't just not go. It'd look weird and suspicious and I really don't need your dad suspecting anything." She shudders at the thought of his father. "He's scary. Besides, no one can know I helped with your 'kidnapping'."

"You're right." Adrien brings his legs over his head and flips over the railing, landing perfectly on the floor. Marinette always forgets how athletic and flexible he is. "You're my friend. I should be encouraging you to follow your dream. Go, I'll be okay here. Plagg and I will think of something to do."

Marinette stares down the kwami. "As long as it doesn't involve eating everything in the fridge. My parents think I'm stress eating now!"

"Can you blame me?" Plagg asks, paw over head dramatically. "Everything looks so... tasty!"

Adrien rolls his eyes. "I'll control him."

"Okay." Marinette grabs her purse and waves. "See you later, Adrien. I'll be back in a few hours." She walks downstairs out of the bakery and Adrien's bodyguard is waiting for her. She climbs in and they drive off. Ten minutes later, they reach the Agreste mansion and she follows his bodyguard inside. She sees Gabriel and Natalie waiting by the staircase and she reminds herself to act sad, but confused, and she knows nothing about Adrien's kidnapping. Nothing.

"Have you seen the news, Miss Dupain-Cheng?" Gabriel asks her, studying her body language. He thought it was suspicious Adrien was kidnapped a few days after he complained about being stuck at home. Something was wrong and he was going to figure out what it was exactly.

Marinette nods and pinches her arm to force herself to cry. "Y-Yes, I can't believe it! How... how can he be gone? It's not fair! It just isn't fair!" She sobs uncontrollably into her hands.

"You were the last person to see my son, correct?" Gabriel asks, watching her carefully. "Before Adrien arrived at the park?"

"What?" She whispers, grabbing tissues from her bag and blowing her nose. "I-I don't think so. The last time I saw Adrien was yesterday afternoon when I came over for my internship. If I had known that was the last time I saw Adrien..." Her eyes tighten with tears. "I would've told him I loved him!"

"Did Adrien speak to you about not wanting to live at home anymore?"

Marinette wipes under her eyes. "Umm-"

Natalie steps in front of her and looks at her boss. "Mr. Agreste, this girl is clearly hurt and traumatized about the situation. Her best friend is missing. Show a little compassion, sir."

"I-It's okay," Marinette whispers, sighing. "I'll just get started on the sketches." She hangs her head low and slumps upstairs, hoping they bought her act. She follows the paintings she memorized and finds the studio. She opens the door and walks in, turning to see someone in the room already.

As Marinette goes to scream, a hand covers her mouth and Cat Noir pushes her against the door. He holds a finger to his lips with a quiet 'shh'. He smiles. "Hi," He whispers, and she slaps him across the face. "Me-ow! What was that fur?"

"What are you doing here?!" She whisper-shouts, careful not to raise her voice. "If they catch you-"

"I..." He scratches the back of his neck. "I was lonely, and I didn't want to spend the day alone."