23- Unexpected Truths

The following morning, Felix walks to Marinette's house. Still bearing his cousin's persona, he walks in the bakery and greets her parents with a smile and a wave. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng."

"Ah, Adrien!" Sabine runs over and hugs him. "You're back! You're back. You had no idea how worried me and Tom were."

Felix glances back at her father, a tall, towering man with a big mustache. His giant hand pats down on his shoulder. "Son, it's good to have you home."

Marinette's parents care this much about Adrien? Even more so than his own father? Felix clears his throat. "I'm here to see Marinette."

Sabine smiles. "We expected as much. She's been going crazy missing you. She should be up in her room."

Felix steps past her parents and walks upstairs, dropping the perfect boy act when he enters her bedroom. He's met with different shades of pink and freezes. "Wow, that is a lot of pink."

"So..." Marinette walks over. "What did you find?"

Felix glances at Adrien before looking back at Marinette. "Uncle Gabriel is definitely Shadowmoth. Well, not anymore. I guess you could say he'll be going by Hawk Moth again."

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

He doesn't answer.

Adrien speaks up. "Felix. What are you talking about?"

Marinette gasps and her eyes widen. "You got the peacock miraculous from him, didn't you?"

Felix hesitates for a second and nods.

She smiles. "You're good, Felix!" She extends her hand. "Okay, I can take it back now."

"No." Felix steps back. "I can't."

"What?"

Adrien glares at his cousin. "Are you double crossing us?"

"No, I'm not," Felix swears. "But I can't give up the peacock miraculous. I can't."

"I am the guardian, Felix!" Marinette shouts, standing her ground. "I'm in charge of all the miraculous. I won't have any trouble taking it from you, by force if I have to."

"If I give this back to you, I could die!"

Marinette and Adrien share a look

"Die? I don't understand," His cousin whispers.

Felix shakes his head. "I-I'm not like you, Marinette. I found out a few years ago."

"Found out what?" Adrien asks.

"I am... a sentimonster."

Their eyes widen.

Adrien crosses his arms. "You're messing with us, right?"

Felix glares at him. "No, I am not, cousin. And you are one, too."

"What? No! I can't be." Adrien looks away, frowning. That... doesn't make sense."

"Now you know how I feel."

Adrien steps back and sits on the chaise. He stares at his hands and whispers, "I'm not... real?"

Marinette shakes her head. "No, you are real, Adrien. I don't care what anyone says. You're real to me." She kneels down in front of him and grabs his hand. "You have your thoughts and your memories and your love. That's what makes you human."

"Marinette." Felix tightens his grip on the brooch. "As long as I have the peacock miraculous, Adrien and I are safe. I can't risk anything happening to us."