10- Rena's Illusion

Ladybug leans against the railing on the Eiffel Tower as she waits for her partner to show up. After the recent akumatization at school yesterday, she realized something. Shadowmoth will never stop until he gets Cat Noir's miraculous. He will never stop targeting Adrien's friends and families.

As long as Adrien is still in Paris, Shadowmoth will never stop trying.

There's a soft thud behind her and she recognizes his presence immediately. He walks over and stands beside her. "Hey, Milady... you wanted to talk?"

"Yes, Adr- I mean Cat Noir," She whispers with a nervous laugh, turning to face him. "Sorry. I'm still getting used to it."

"No, I get it," He reassures her. "So, what's the scoop?"

"The scoop?" She repeats.

"Sorry, I've been spending too much time with Alya," He says, scratching the back of his neck. "I... agreed to do an interview with her."

Ladybug's eyes widen. "Really? Are you sure that was the best thing to do?"

"We'll find out when the interview's posted on the Ladyblog," Cat Noir answers, shrugging. "Anyway, what were you going to tell me?"

"Right." She takes in a deep breath. "I believe Shadowmoth is starting to target you, Cat Noir, and it's only the beginning. The akumatization at the school yesterday-"

His head falls with a sad sigh. "I know, Ladybug. Shadowmoth is targeting me, or more specifically my friend. He's going to keep going after her until I give up my miraculous."

"What are you talking about?" She asks, confused.

"When Stormy Weather was akumatized and she froze the school in ice, my friend Marinette Dupain-Cheng was trapped there," Cat Noir begins to tell her and faint memories of that day come back to Ladybug. "I went and found her, but Shadowmoth was waiting for me. He said he would keep coming after and hurting Marinette if I didn't give him my miraculous."

"I..." Ladybug looks away. Adrien had to care about Marinette a lot if Shadowmoth were going to use her against him. She blushes and shakes it away. "Now we know it isn't safe for you here anymore. As long as you're active as Cat Noir, Shadowmoth will use every chance and opportunity to hurt you and me-Marinette, your friend."

Cat Noir rests his head on the railing and kicks it. "I just wish there was something I could do."

"There is," Ladybug whispers and he looks up at her. "If you're not Cat Noir anymore-"

"Woah, woah, woah!" He shouts, stepping away from his partner. "Are you taking my miraculous?"

"Kitty-"

Cat Noir shakes his head. "No... you can't! I-I love being Cat Noir and a superhero and your partner. You can't take that away from me."

Ladybug throws her yo-yo in the air and lets it bounce off his head, stopping him from rambling. "If you would let me finish my sentence, I was about to tell you my plan where you get to keep your miraculous, Cat Noir."

"Ow," He mumbles, pouting. "That hurt, but go on."

Ladybug sets her yo-yo back at her waist. "Thank you. As I was saying, if you're not Cat Noir anymore, Shadowmoth won't have a reason to keep coming after you."

"But why would Shadowmoth think I don't have my miraculous anymore?"

"Because Adrien won't be around anymore," She answers with a grin that scares the cat.

Cat Noir lifts a shaky paw. "What exactly does that mean, Milady?"

"We're going to fool Paris that Adrien Agreste has been kidnapped and is no longer using the cat miraculous. You'll go into hiding, of course, but everyone will think you're gone and Shadowmoth won't be able to attack you or your friend anymore. This plan will probably last a couple months at most, but by then we should be able to defeat Shadowmoth and you can come home!" Ladybug pauses and frowns. "Though, I'm not sure how we'll erase everyone's memories. Eh, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Anyway-"