6- Cat Noir, Pun Extraordinaire

Ladybug drops in behind Cat Noir, his back facing her as he leans against the railing on the platform of the Eiffel Tower. His ears perk at her soft footsteps and he doesn't need to turn around to know it's his lady. "Hi, Ladybug."

Her heart stings from that word- her name. She's used to his silly nicknames. Why had he stopped using them? "Hi, Kitty." She walks over and stands beside him. They share a look before staring back over the city. "Things are pretty weird now, huh? Given everything that happened."

His head drops. "I'm sorry, Ladybug."

"You have nothing to apologize for, Cat Noir," She reminds him. "If I were in your position, I'd have done the same thing." And she did. "How could I be mad at you for saving someone?"

"I never want to disappoint you."

"And you never will." Ladybug grabs his hand and stares at his ring. "About your miraculous-"

Cat Noir jumps back. "NO! No, I am not giving up my miraculous."

Her eyes widen. "Kitty-"

"I'm sorry, Ladybug." He holds his hand to his chest, protective. "But you're making a huge mistake. I am a great superhero. I am a great partner- the best partner you'll ever have! No matter who you replace me with will compare. You and I both know that."

"Will you just listen?"

Cat Noir's eyes glisten with fresh tears. "I know! I know, I made a mistake. The worst mistake. Everyone knows who I am. The famous teen-model is the one and only Cat Noir, pun extraordinaire. My fans know, my friends know, my family, even Shadowmoth! I didn't mean for this to happen; I know how serious you are when it comes to secret identities. But when I saw Marinette in danger, I didn't hesitate for one second to help her. I didn't care that we were in public. I didn't care that people would see. All I cared about was that car racing down the road and Marinette was in the way and I had to save her. So don't you dare stand there and say I did the wrong thing because I would do it for her all over again in a heartbeat."

Ladybug smiles at her cat, grateful she has a friend who cares enough to sacrifice everything for her. "Kitty..." Her smile turns into a frown as she smacks his arm. "If you would let me finish a sentence, I was going to tell you that I'm letting you keep your miraculous!"

"Oh..." He blinks. "You were?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes. I think it's really sweet what you did, but we will have to be more careful now. Now that Shadowmoth knows, he will try every plan and trap to get your miraculous."

Cat Noir jumps forward and hugs Ladybug, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, sobbing. "I was so afraid you'd take it away- take me away. I love being a superhero and your partner and I don't know what I'd do without you in my life. Being Cat Noir lets me escape the horrors of home and I love every minute I get to spend with you."

"Oh, Kitty..." Ladybug hugs him tighter and closes her eyes. "I never wanna lose you."

"I never wanna lose you, either." He leans back with a laugh and smiles, raising a fist.

She does the same.

"Pound it."