22- A New Incentive

Felix—now dressed as his cousin—stands in the middle of his living room with Marinette and Adrien. They start cutting and rubbing dirt on his clothes to give into the story that he really was kidnapped and held captive for months. "You two are practically professionals at this."

"We are, aren't we?" Marinette jokes as she looks up at Adrien. "It's almost a little strange."

"A little?" Adrien repeats, laughing. "Never in my life did I see myself faking my own kidnapping and have my cousin play dress up and pretend to be me so we could find evidence that my father is an evil, hellbent, terrorizing villain." He sighs. "A little strange is an understatement."   

"So far, so good," Felix comments as he looks down at his now torn clothes. "But not believable enough."

Adrien washes his hands in the kitchen. "What do you mean it's not enough?"

"You have to hit me."

"Excuse me?!" He shouts, eyes wide.

"What, is it really believable that my clothes are torn and dirty, but my face is perfectly fine?" Felix points out. "No, that's ridiculous. You have to hit me."

"I..." Adrien shakes his head. "I don't want to."

Felix rolls his eyes. "Come on, Adrien! This is your only chance to take your anger out on me!"

"I am not hitting you, Felix!"

"Don't be a wuss! Hit me!"

"No!"

As the two boys continue to bicker with each other, Marinette and Tikki share a look. A wicked grin grows on her face. She steps forward, swinging fast as she punches Felix, and he flies back and falls against the coffee table.

Felix looks at her with excited, wide eyes.

"That's for what you tried on the roof last year." Marinette slaps him across the other side of his face. "And that's for keeping Shadowmoth's identity a secret from us."

Adrien face palms. He's sure his cousin wouldn't help them now. "I'm sorry. Are you okay, Felix?"

"Don't be," Felix says, rubbing his jaw. "That was awesome. I like her."

***

"Tikki, spots on!" As Marinette transforms into Ladybug, Adrien watches with love in his eyes, and when Felix notices his cousin's stare, he rolls his eyes with disgust.

"Dear cousin, control yourself. You're practically drooling," Felix points out.

Adrien shrugs. "I don't care. That's my girlfriend. My brave and confident and ass-kicking girlfriend."

"Aww, thanks babe," Ladybug chimes, reaching through her yo-yo to access the miracle box. She grabs the horse miraculous—a pair of dark glasses—and she puts them on. A tiny horse-like kwami appears. "Tikki, Kaalki, unify!" A flash of red and orange fill the room as her transformation changes. She holds a powerful stance and grins. "Boys, call me Pegabug!"

"That... was... awesome!" Adrien shouts.

"Get a grip, lover boy," Felix mutters, rolling his eyes.

Pegabug raises her arm and points to an empty space. She concentrates on her location. "Voyage!" A portal opens to Paris, and she gestures for the two to follow her.

Hesitant, Felix squints inside before deciding, and Adrien steps back out to grab his hand and drag him forward. "Hey!"

"You were taking too long," Adrien defends.