8- Crazy Chaos

Cat Noir shakes his arms and the chains rattle. "Hey! That was a cheap trick!"

"Enough!" Ladybug swings her yo-yo into a shield and steps forward, pointing a finger out. "You will not be getting our miraculous today, Shadowmoth! Why don't you hand yours over before things get ugly?"

"From his outfit, things already are," The feline jokes, chuckling.

Shadowmoth glares at the teen heroes. "Since you put it that way... no. You made a mistake, cat. Revealing your secret identity to all of Paris? How'd you come up with that, genius?"

"Cataclysm!" As his power activates, a spike shoots out of the wall and stabs through his hand. He screams out in pain as blood trickles down the rusty chains and his shaky hand. "Uh... Y-You're gonna pay for that!"

The villain laughs. "What? You thought I didn't think this through, Cat Noir? Once I learned your secret identity, I knew it'd be child's play getting you to fall for one of my traps."

"Cat Noir!" Ladybug shouts, terrified, and her fear quickly turns to anger as she faces Shadowmoth again. "I see we're playing dirty now."

"I guess we are now." He takes a step forward.

Ladybug throws her yo-yo and he dodges the hit as she takes a protective stance in front of her partner. "One more step and it'll be your last."

"Oh, am I supposed to be scared now?" Shadowmoth asks with a chuckle. "I'm not afraid of bugs."

"You should be," She mutters with a cold glare.

Cat Noir's ring beeps. Five more minutes.

Shadowmoth steps back. "Why don't we make a deal?"

Chaos appears from the shadows and raises an armed hand at Ladybug's head, a purple light illuminating from her fingertips as her power charges. "Long time, no see."

"Milady!" Cat Noir shouts, wincing as he moves his arms. "Hurt her and you'll regret it."

"Hand over your miraculous, Cat Noir, and I won't." Shadowmoth extends his hand. "You have my word."

Ladybug carefully scans the room, looking for anything to jump out at her, a plan, a way to escape. Nothing. "He's bluffing, Cat Noir. He'll betray you as soon as he has your ring."

"You people make me lose my patience," The villain mutters, annoyed now. "I don't have all day. Give me your ring or I'll blow your lady's head off!"

Chaos turns her hand to the wall and shoots out a ball of purple light. The wall explodes and crumbles.

"That is what's going to happen to her if you don't do what I say!" Shadowmoth screams at the cat. "Make a decision before I do!"

Cat Noir glances from Shadowmoth, to Chaos, and then Ladybug. He'd never let her get hurt. Never. "Fine," He whispers.

"What? No!" Ladybug cries, shaking her head. "Cat Noir, you can't. It's another trap." She stares at the chains around her partner's wrists and the cataclysm still activated in his hand. His power would come in handy, if she could figure out a plan.

"Release the chains and I'll give you my ring."

Eyes wide, she shouts, "Are you crazy?!"

He smiles. "Only for you, Milady."

"I'm glad we're cooperating here," Shadowmoth steps forward and lifts a chair. "But first-" He forces Cat Noir's hand to touch the chair and disintegrate it, wasting his power. "Don't need you getting any ideas." He taps his cane on the floor and the chains disappear.