12- The Witch and Her Cat

Halloween- Three Months Later

"So, what are you being for Halloween, Alya?" Marinette asks her best friend as they sit together in class. "Please tell me it'll be better than last year."

"What was wrong with last year's costume?" She defends and Marinette and Nino share a look.

"Babe-" Nino grabs her hand. "-you went as Lady WiFi. A supervillain!"

Alya rolls her eyes. "A badass supervillain! Besides, Marinette's a talented seamstress and made me an exact replica of her outfit."

"Exactly!" He tells her. "You scared Mylene so bad she threw up in Ivan's trick-or-treat bag! She thought you got akumatized again!"

"Yeah, the was bad..." She admits.

Marinette laughs. "Ivan was so sweet about it, though. He got her ginger ale and saltines and spent another two hours getting more candy for them to share."

Alya looks at Nino. "Would you do that for me, babe?"

"If you threw up in my candy, I'd make you do the trick or treating."

"Alright, class!" Miss Bustier claps to get the class' attention. "We have some morning announcements to get through before the lesson today. First news- the food truck got a flight tire on the way to school, so lunch will be provided by Mayor Bourgeois at his hotel-"

Chloe stands up. "Speaking of my father! I have even more exciting news."

"What have I said about interrupting me, Chloe?"

"Yeah, yeah." She waves a polished nail at her teacher. "Your thing can wait. Anyway, tonight I'm throwing a Halloween party! Here, hand these out, Sabrina."

"Yes, Chloe." The redhead takes gold envelopes and starts handing out the invitations.

"A party?" Kim asks, excited. "You know I'm there!"

Chloe smiles at the class. "I was bored and not in the mood to trick or treat, because I'm not a beggar, so I chose to throw a party instead."

"Here you go, guys." Sabrina hands an invitation to Marinette and Alya.

"No!" The blonde rushes over and snatches the gold envelope out of Marinette's hand. "Everyone is invited- except you, Dupain-Cheng! You're not invited because you ruined Adrien's life!"

Marinette rolls her eyes. "I didn't want to attend your pathetic pity party anyway, Chloe."

"Grr..." Chloe glares at her classmate before huffing and sitting back in her seat.

Alya leans cover. "I can sneak you in, girl. Everyone will be wearing a disguise, anyway."

"Nah, it's okay, Alya," She says, shaking her head. "I'm going to help my Mom hand out candy to trick or treaters."

"Aren't you sweet." Alya pats her head and Marinette beams into a smile. "Nino, you have your costume ready, right?"

Nino spins around. "Of course I do."

"Wait, are you two doing a couples costumes?"

She nods. "Yes, we're going as our favorite superheroes. I'm going as Carapace and Nino is going as Rena Rouge."

Marinette smirks and teases her friend. "Oh, those are your favorite, huh? What about Ladybug and Cat Noir?"

"That's what we were thinking," Nino admits. "But Cat Noir's gone. Why would I be him?"

Marinette and Alya share a sad look.

"Yeah, you're right..."

***