Prologue

Hi guys, this is my new teen fiction novel, I hope you all enjoy it!

Note: (Only the Prologue will be written in 3rd person P.O.V. - The following chapters will all be written in first person.) ~ Also, not all of the characters of this story are mentioned in the prologue ;)

Enjoy, And please feel free to vote/comment/share with your friends! x

xoxo Andrea

Prologue.

Faultless.

That's how everything was the day it all changed.

But a faultless tale can be a tragedy for those within it...

DONG.

Cinderella gasped and pulled away from her dance with Prince Charming.

"I-I'm so sorry! I've got to go!" She exclaimed, before turning and fleeing from her impeccable Prince, taking the stairs two at a time as she hastened down them in her glimmering heels.

DONG.

Snow White hungrily bit into the juiciest apple she'd ever laid eyes on. The old woman before her cackled and her eyes quickly widened in horror, what had she just done?

DONG.

Aurora's finger tip quivered as she drew it nearer to the spindle, strangely fascinated by the perfectly pointed spike. She cried out as her hand was snatched and the sharp object pricked her finger.

DONG.

The Little Mermaid watched in dismay as the love of her life prepared to say his marriage vows to another woman. She was going to be transformed into sea foam in mere minutes, thanks to a rotten deal she'd struck with the Sea Witch.

DONG.

"How could you?!" Rapunzel shrieked at her mother as she witnessed her true love being tossed from her tower. Thrown into the surrounding bush of briars, blinding him, and she was next.

DONG.

"No! Stop it!" Belle wailed, as the beastly creature she had fallen for was attacked by a man that constantly wanted her attention, how was she going to save him?

DONG.

Elsa turned in time to watch her sister crumple down before her, an icy blue surrounding her chest. Elsa look at her hands in disgust, she'd just frozen her own sisters heart.

DONG.

"He's not a criminal." Jasmine sobbed as she was made aware of the pending death of the boy she loved. She was certain something sketchy was going on with her advisor, but how could she uncover it in time?

DONG.

Tiana stopped short as she reached the parade, looking up in dismay to see her Prince marrying another woman, the joy in her heart flowed out of her as she cried. How could this have happened?

DONG.

Kida couldn't believe what she'd just let happen as she was held at gunpoint, she'd allowed these people to come and destroy her land, how was she going to save it?

DONG.

Mulan has just blown her cover, disgraced herself by accidentally showing she was a woman. Not the man she'd been pretending to be. She was alone, about to freeze and she had no clue about how she was going to save her country now.

DONG.

Megara's life flashed before her eyes as she jumped in front of her true love, right into the path of a toppling column. This is how it was going to end, she was going to die.

*

When the clock tower in the centre of the Realm struck midnight, the world fractured. Splintered into distortion.

There was a blinding blue light, it shot out from the cracks in the ground, through the windows, blasting through the forest.

Then, everything stopped. Like someone had paused every scene that was unfolding before more tragedy occurred.

The twelve girls all squeezed their eyes shut to block out the brilliant blue.

They had no idea what was happening, they all knew what was going to come after the darkest part of their story...Happiness. Not a glaring light, not a frozen story. This wasn't the norm in their Realm. This never happened.

Once the light faded, the girls all opened their eyes, and found themselves together, in a white room.

Cinderella was slipper-less, Aurora had blood seeping from her finger, Mulan looked half frozen.

They all stared at each other, confused, confounded, what was going on?

"What on earth just happened?" Rapunzel asked, twisting her thick locks around her arms nervously.

Belle looked around, her wet hair flicking droplets of water throughout the room as she did so, "I don't have a clue, one minute I was in the rain, atop a tower, and now..."

"Now you're all here. Perfect!"

The twelve girls all intently studied the room to pinpoint the person that voice belonged too, but they couldn't find anyone. The voice was just around them, it was in the air.

"Look, what do you want? I was about to be crushed for about the thousandth time, can I please get back to it so I can get my happy ending sooner?" Megara snapped, clear distaste in her voice.

"I'm here to help you all escape. To flee this world." 

Jasmine's eyes widened, "Excuse me?"

"This is your chance ladies. It is foretold that on the thousandth telling of your tale, you will each receive the chance to leave this world forever. You've all been in limbo for years, repeating your tale over and over again, only enjoying your true happiness for a few minutes." 

The girls all gasped slightly, was this really happening?

"You all have the chance to leave here and enter another world for twelve months."

"How come only twelve months?" Megara asked, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"Please, let me finish. Your initial stay will be twelve months, but there is an opportunity for you all to leave this Realm for good."

"There's a catch, isn't there." Kida asked, sighing.

"Indeed, there is. You all have twelve months to experience life in another world, but you must also try to fix your respective stories during it. Each of you must find your one true love during that time. And if your respective story has a happy ending by the time that midnight on the final night of the year rolls around, you'll remain in that world for good. Otherwise, you'll be back here."

"So basically we have a year to have some freedom and find a boy? Seems easy." Tiana smiled.

"Uh...not all of us have a Prince at the end of our stories." Elsa coughed.

"Well maybe in this world you will!" Rapunzel squealed, nudging Elsa.

"Be careful, it won't be as easy as you think. This world is completely different to the one you're used to. And you won't be the only ones entering this world, your enemies may end up with you...Stay alert ladies, and good luck."

And with that the room went black. A powerful wind whipped up around the girls and they all drew in their breath as the wind lashed against them. A loud howling filled the air.

Then, all was dark. All was silent.

A new story was beginning to unfold.