Chapter 7. Sleeping Beauty - Visions Are Seldom All They Seem

Wow, it's sure been a while since I've updated this!

But now that THG:5SOS is all finished, I get to focus on this novel (and all of my other teen fiction novels) now!

And I'm so excited, I love this story so much, and I can't wait to share more of it with you!

Only 50 or so votes for the next chapter, I might put a few up over the next fews days, just to so we can all get back into this with some new material!

Enjoy guys! xoxo

~ Andrea

7. Sleeping Beauty

I pull my ash blonde hair up into a high pony tail as I stand on the grass field surrounding Reverie High. The sky is a perfect, pure blue, awash with only the faintest clouds, and the sun is beaming down on the lush green grass.

Today is gorgeous.

Ok, most days are to me, I like to find beauty in things that others don't. Like nature, so many people forget to appreciate what is around them. It's an awful shame, really.

Once my hair is up I glance down at the pastel blue cheer uniform I'm wearing, the small skirt flares out in the warm midday breeze and the light pink rose motif on my top glints slightly from the light shining onto it. I love this uniform, I really do, and I wear it with pride. Which is something I wish a few more of my cheer teammates would do.

I bend down and pick my phone up off of my duffle bag, quickly checking the time. Practice should've started five minutes ago, but still, no one has shown up.

With a sigh, I stand up again and scan the field, only to discover that the rest of the team is only walking over to meet me now. Well, at least they're coming.

It's tough being the Cheer Captain. It takes a lot of morale to keep a bunch of girls in check, and to keep them brimming with school spirit. But I'm up for the challenge, always have been, always will be.

"Hey ladies! Better late than never, right?!" I grin, becoming the girls to come and join me.

Megan Olympus is the first team member to approach me, she looks exhausted.

"Hey..." I start, concerned. "Is everything alright."

She nods and yawns, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just been cramming for some exams and stuff, you know?"

I nod, I guess that could make sense. But apart from coming to rehearsal, Meg's been pretty awol recently. She skipped Jack Rime's party the other day, and ever since then, she's been quite distant.

"Let me know if you need anything." I say to her, resting my slender hand on her shoulder.

She shrugs it off and nods, "Yeah, sure, will do. Thanks Audrey."

I give her a forgiving smile as she walks over to Amy and pulls out her phone.

Soon enough the whole team is present and I take a good look at everyone. Quickly picking up on a difference with a squad member.

"Rachel!" I gasp, "You got a haircut!"

Ella Snow chuckles a little from where she is standing beside me, "You only just noticed that?"

I sigh, "Sorry...But wow. You look, so different!"

She really does, Rachel's hair used to be 70 feet of golden blonde, now it's a dark shade of brown and falls to her waist.