Chapter 6. Rapunzel - Please Don't Freak Out!

Well, after reading all of the comments on the lest chapter, I have the Rapunzel chapter for you all!

I hope you enjoy it, I had a lot of fun writing it - and quite a few other characters make appearances in this chapter too! - Oh and if you want to see my edit of Rapunzel for her character in this novel, be sure to check out my instagram account! @1dream41d

Also, this chapter is quite long, so 95 votes would be amazing!

I hope you enjoy being in the mind of Rapunzel - Rachel Lez Punley (hehe, I love that name)

Lots of love, Andrea.

6. Rapunzel

"See girls? Isn't this just the perfect way to wake up in the morning?" Audrey shouts from up the front of our group as her perfect golden ponytail of hair flies out behind her.

I glance up ahead of me, at Megan Olympus as she runs in front, and watch as she shakes her head slightly and mutters something. Whatever she said, I'm probably in agreement with it.

Going for a five kilometre run first thing on a Monday morning...I don't know if that's anyone's idea of the 'perfect morning' except for Audrey.

Especially when you've got an absolute ton of hair to carry too...

It's ok, I'll deal. I always do. I've got 70ft of long blonde hair, it's bound to get a few odd looks.

Yeah, ok, it attracts more than a few odd looks towards me. Especially recently, at school.

Whilst my hair has been perfectly acceptable for the 'living in a tower without doors or stairs' look, it doesn't really suit school. Over the past few days, twenty classmates have tripped over it, five locker doors have slammed on it, ten people have sat on it (someone almost slept on it in the library the other day) it's been covered in dust, food, soft drinks, dirt, twigs...it's been through hell.

And right now, I've got it up in the shortest hairstyle I can create with it, (unless you'd count a bun, but putting a bun in my hair would probably break my neck) I've got it in a tight, intricate braid, which took my mother and I two hours to do last night. So my hair only falls to my ankles.

My mother is the reason I've never cut my hair. She absolutely loves it, I swear sometimes she likes it more than me. I've asked her to give me permission to cut it many times, but every time I bring up the issue of lobbing off even a couple of feet of the stuff, she sits me down and gives me 'the talk'.

This take involves a story usually, about how my hair is the greatest asset I'll ever have, and that it needs to be protected, all that kind of stuff.

This does annoy my slightly, because I've always wanted to donate my hair to charity, I mean, imagine how many wigs my hair could make? Now that's what I call an asset, having the ability to bring happiness to people with my hair, sadly the only way I can do that is but chopping it, which my mother is so strongly against.

Yup, that's my dilemma.

"Don't forget to smile ladies! Remember, you never know who you'll meet when you're running, you've always got to look gorgeous! Don't let anyone see you falter." Audrey shouts again.

Up ahead, Megan face palms herself.

Right now, Meg, Audrey, myself and nine other members of the Reverie High Cheerleading team 'The Reverie Rosebuds' are running through the woods behind cheer captain Audrey Rose, as we get into shape for our first cheerleading performance at the Reverie High soccer tournament this weekend. I'm sure it'll be fun, but all of this training for one game seems slightly excessive.