Chapter 16. Elsa - What Do You Know About True Love?

Hey guys!

The updating schedule is 100% back! (YAY) - For now, at least.

I'm going to try and update more frequently while I can though, because I have a feeling updates will be few and far between once Uni begins for the year. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing what you have to say :)

Much love, xoxo Andrea

Chapter 16. Elsa.

"I'm not coming tonight, OK?" I sigh, looking down at my younger sister Annabelle as she twirls around in a light green sundress, her auburn hair flaring out around her in waves.

She stops short and stares up at me from my position above her on the staircase of our house.

"Are you sure?"

I nod, still uncertain, and adjust the blue gloves on my hands, "Yes. Please look after yourself, I can't be there for you tonight."

"Absolutely Elle! You know I'll be fine, I always am."

I squeeze my eyes shut and pray for everything to be alright, I know how Annabelle is, I know she's going to get swept off into a stupor with some new guy tonight, she always does, but this time I won't be there to stop things from getting out of hand.

"You're old enough to look after yourself, alright? I trust everything will be OK."

She rolls her eyes, "Elle, get a grip! I know you like to think that you have to look after me every flipping moment of the day, but I can take care of myself."

She looks down and checks her phone, before glancing up at me again, "I'll be home before one. Genevieve's here, so I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod, "Stay safe, and have fun."

"Will do!" She grins, before dashing out of the front door and slamming it hastily behind her.

I yawn and check my phone, it's only six thirty, so why am I so exhausted? Also, what kind of a party starts so early? One of Audrey's, obviously.

She was a bit disappointed in me when I rejected the invitation to come to her party tonight, especially since it's to celebrate our cheerleading team. I've just been to way too many parties already this year, and I'm thoroughly sick of them.

Well, that was what I told Audrey...Anyway.

It's only half of the truth.

I've got other plans tonight.

I turn away from the entrance and walk up the marble staircase to the landing, before heading along to my bedroom, slipping inside and shutting the door behind me.

The moment the door clicks, I hear a faint laugh, one that has become so familiar to me recently.

I look away from the door and over to my window sill, only to find someone sitting there, one leg pulled up to their chest, the other draping down into my room, a cheeky smile plastered onto their sunset streaked face.

I break into a smile of my own as I pad across the plush carpet to join them on the windowsill.

"Jack." I breathe, "It's good to see you again."

He nods, "Likewise, it's been the longest week."

"Sorry for making you blow off the party tonight." I add, suddenly feeling a little guilty.