Chapter 10. Tiana - Almost There

Hey guys! Modern Reverie Monday update!

Haha, it kinda rhymes... :P

Anyway, here's the new chapter, I loved writing it, so I hope you enjoy it too!

Please don't forget to vote and comment! it really helps me to see what you guys think and want to happen in the novel :)

Much love, 

Andrea xoxo

Chapter 10. Tiana

I just can't believe it!

How on earth could they do this to me? To the team?

To crush our dreams this close to the competition.

I'm an athlete. I work hard, I train at all hours of the day, I've never given up.

I guess someone else just gave up for me instead.

Megan Olympus pats me on the shoulder as the two of us head home from classes. It's a blame Thursday afternoon, but I'm not exactly feeling positive about life at the moment.

My team was cut yesterday, and I've spent the last twenty-four hours mourning the loss of my dreams.

"Hey, cheer up Tia." Meg tells me, offering me a friendly smile as the two of us meander along the sidewalk.

I sigh, "I know, I'm sorry I'm being such a downer Meg."

I look down and push my mess of ebony curls back from my head, grabbing a hair tie from my wrist and scraping my locks back into a high pony tail.

Meg shrugs, "Hey, it's fine. You worked hard on the track, I'm sure this is gutting for you."

"Yeah, it sucks..."

"So, how was school today?" Meg asks, hitching her satchel up over her shoulder again as it attempts to slide off.

I look out at the gorgeous water of Golden Cove, as it glints in the afternoon sun as I reply, "The usual. I guess."

She nods, "I know, life just seems a little drab at the moment. I feel like we're all forgetting the actual reason we're here."

"Don't get me started on that..." I groan.

Meg chuckles and raises her perfectly arched eyebrows at me, "Well, we just need to remember that we've got a task to complete. We didn't end up in this world to make new friends and compete in track and cheerleading competitions."

"We came here to find true love." I sigh.

"Exactly." Meg says, "And if we don't do that by the final night of the year, it's back to our old stories."

I poke my tongue out in disgust, "Yuck. Don't even get me started on kissing frogs..."

"Well, I'm sure I've had worse..." Meg adds.

My eyes widen, "What happened to you again?"

"Oh, I just got crushed by a column and died every single time my story played out. I mean, I came back to life at the end of it...But getting crushed by this giant marble column, it hurts like hell."

I wince in empathy, "Yikes!"

"Yah."

"So, have you found your one true love yet?" I ask, as the two of us turn off the sidewalk and onto the path that leads into the Golden Cover gardens.