Chapter 5. Megara - If There's A Prize For Rotten Judgement...

I'm so sorry for not updating in A MONTH! Guys, I cannot apologise enough. I've just been extremely busy!

So to everyone who's still willing to read this novel, thank you! Updates should be more consistent now that a lot of the things I had to get done recently have passed.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter, only 80 votes for the next one pretty please!

Enjoy, xoxo Andrea

5. Megara

My sandals are laying in the grass and my elbows are propped on my knees as I sit on the bank of the river next to my house, my feet are immersed in the cool flowing water as I try to clear my head on this lazy Sunday afternoon.

I have a strange feeling that I seem to attract problems, I'm officially a problem magnet.

And right now, I'm hiding out in my backyard trying to avoid about ten different people.

Although, this isn't really working, because my phone is still right next to me.

Beep Beep! Beep Beep!

The annoying ringtone of my phone goes off again and I glance down to see that Audrey, the cheerleading captain this year, is calling.

"Nope, don't answer that." I mutter to myself, and wait for her to leave a sickly sweet message instead.

This is the thing that annoys me about Audrey, she's so perfect. She's really nice,like almost too nice, if you know what I mean. 

Anyway, why am I on the cheerleading team anyway? I'm an arty girl, not a sporty one. Well, I joined it to attempt to make some friends, and I'm not half bad at cheering. But mainly for friends. I usually pride myself in being contempt in my own company, but I guess having a few girl pals to back you up every once in a while can't do you any harm.

Little did I know that this squad wasn't a tight knit group of girls, instead they've all begun having in-fights and you have to keep your social calendar fully booked in order to be a good member.

I have a slightly rebellious streak, so I kinda blew off the party I was supposed to attend last night. I was having a boy crisis, what else was I supposed to do?

I look down at my phone again to see One New Message written on the screen.

"Wonder what she wants to say now..." I sigh, twisting a stay curl of hair around my finger as I unlock my phone to listen to the message.

"Hey, Megan! It's Audrey. Uh, I'm just confused as to why you weren't at Jack Rime's party last night? It was absolutely amazing and you totally missed a perfect night out! Anyway, is there something wrong, you know you can talk to me about it. Please call me soon, I'd love to help. Ok, toodles!"

I groan and flip my phone over before laying back and staring out at the wall of willow trees on the other side of the river, their leaves lightly ticking the water as they drape over the bank. 

Trees are so lucky, all they have to worry about is getting food and water and growing and stuff.

They don't have problems.

Oh my gosh Meg, why are you even thinking like this?! This is exactly what happens when you have two moments alone with your thoughts, you just go crazy. Just face your problem.