Chapter 3. The Little Mermaid - Officially Part Of Your World

Hey guys!

Once again, thanks for reading this novel! I hope you're enjoying it :D

90 votes for the next chapter please!

And now we're looking through the eyes of a 'fish out of water' -literally! What could the Little Mermaid possibly be like without her signature tail?

I really enjoyed adding all of her sisters into this chapter too, plus a few other characters make guest appearances!

I hope you guys like it, and please, please comment! I love reading your comments, they always make me laugh and smile :D

XOXO Andrea

3. The Little Mermaid.

"I'm coming!" I shout, before pushing myself up off the warm sand, pulling off my white and green uniform throw-over and sprinting down the shore to the waters edge in my matching green and white swimsuit, bright red life tube in my hand.

I run a bit more until I'm in deep enough water before plunging in and using all of the strength I can muster to swim as fast as I can.

The swells in Golden Cove happen to be pretty big today, so I use all of my training and skills to dive under one after another in order to get out to the citizen with their hand up. How they got out this far amazes me, come to think of it, they probably got dragged out in a rip.

Swim between the flags guys, they're there for a reason.

After a few more minutes of swimming I reach my patient and throw the life tube out to them before I attempt to pull them back to shore in the position I've been taught. It's a bad idea to hold onto someone when they're drowning, because they'll probably try to pull you under with them as they struggle.

"It's going to be fine!" I shout to them, before waiting with the patient and keeping their head above water whilst a couple of my friends on patrol with me bring the IRB out to collect the patient. They're too far out for me to swim back safely with them.

Within a minute I hear the motor of the IRB approaching and get ready to help the patient on board.

"Amy! Nice job!" Kidanna shouts from the IRB as it drifts past.

I help her to load on the patient and wave a quick hello to Thea as well.

"Do you want a lift?" Kidanna asks me, her bright blue eyes shining.

I shake my head, "Nah, I'll just swim back."

She nods, "Alrighty, Thea and I will head back to shore and do a medical check, I'll see you there."

Thea gives me a quick wave as she tugs the motor to get it working again and then they're off, speeding back to shore.

I remain still for a few seconds in the warm water, before ducking under the waves and beginning my swim back to the beach.

It's been a perfect start to the weekend today, and getting this job as a lifeguard is the best thing ever. But it's certainly different to actually having a tail...

It's funny though, because what am I going to have to give up for my one true love if I'm actually a human this time around?

It's not like I'm going to need anything like legs this time, seeing as I've already got them.

Hmm...who knows.

The waves help to carry me back, and I run over to Kidanna and Thea when I'm on the beach again.