The Seagull

"Hi, Y/n! How are you doing today?"
"Hi! I'm good, thank you. How are you?" she smiled.
"I'm fine, thank you. So you're new around here, but from you resume I suppose you already know how this works. You talked about this in class right?"
"Yes! I brought two monologues. One from "The Seagull", and one from "Saint Joan"."
"Good choices! Let's see the one from the "The Seagull"."

Y/n started doing her monologue. This monologue was special to her, she could relate to Nina and the things she said. She once too felt like a terrible actress and she once had someone in her life not believing in her dreams. Y/n cried doing the monologue. 'I am a seagull' was hard to come out for she stuttered. She was feeling these words in her core. There was something visceral about the way she performed this monologue.

"That was really good, Y/n. Very heartfelt."
"Thank you." Y/n smiled.
"Let's talk for a bit. I want to get to know you better, to see if we, I, would be a good fit for you. You are the star here, you're not suppose to fit me or the agency, but the opposite. At least that's my and the agency's philosophy. Tell me more about yourself. Do you like to read?"
"Yes, I do! I love reading. Always has, since I learned how to."
"Are you currently reading something?"
"I am. I'm reading Haruki Murakami's "Kafka on the shore."
"That's a really good book. What genres do you read?"
"A bit of everything."
"What do you expect me to help you with? Why are you here? To be famous?" Brian raised his eyebrow in a provoking way. He was liking Y/n so he wanted to see how she would react to a provocation.
"To be brutally honest, I don't care about being famous, I just care about my art. My craft. I expect you to help me have more opportunities to show it. In other words I expect to go to more auditions and in a way I expect you to give me useful advice. I don't care about awards. I mean it would be amazing to get them, of course, I'm not a hypocrite, but that's not the most important for me."
Brian tried to hide a smile. These people were the reason he decided to be an agent. He wanted to help people guided by passion.
"Do you chose us for the actors we represent?"
Y/n let out a little giggle.
"This is where my teacher would be disappointed. I didn't research who you represent."
Brian smiled. There was a little pause and silence was starting to fill the room when Brian  finally talked.
"I like you Y/n. And I'm not just referring to your acting which was impressive. I like your energy. You have a certain candour and a certain innocence in you. I like that. In fact, if I can be honest, one of the favorite people I represent is one just like you. Driven by passion, by art, with an innocence that one can mostly only find in children. Pure heart and soul. I would love to represent you if you accept. Usually my contracts are non-exclusive so you are free to leave if you feel you found someone better for you or you can even have me and another person as your agent. I know this industry can be consuming for itself, I don't want my clients to have to worry about this too. What do you think, Y/n?"
Y/n was rejoicing inside but was trying not to show it. She wanted to be perceived as professional and not as gullible. She pretended to think for a minute.
"First I want to thank you for such compliments, Brian. Regarding the non-exclusive clause it sounds perfect to me, it was one of my claims."
"Great! Do you want to go through the contract with your lawyer?"
Y/n hesitated.
"I... I don't have a lawyer." She finally said.
"I can recommend you one if you want too."
"I don't know if I could pay for it. I would prefer to go through it by myself if that's okay for you."
"Of course! Do you want to go through it now?"
"I would like that, yes."
Brian took some documents from his desk top drawer and handed them to Y/n. She went through it twice. Everything looked fine by her and she was actually surprised because her teacher said that she needed to always be careful with the contracts because they can trip us, but this contract was clear in everything.
"Everything sounds good." Y/n said.
"Great! Ready to sign your first contract?" Brian asked with a smile on his face.

Hi! As I said in this chapter we don't have Timmy, but I promise you this was important. Hope you're liking it :)