Love is vulnerability

'Shit! What is she doing here?' Timothée asked himself jumping out of bed. He put some sweats on and went to the living room. Lily smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Timothée asked rather annoyed.
"Bonjour pour toi aussi." Lily said provoking him.
"Don't start, Lily. I'm rather busy so just say it." Timothée said.
"Someone is in a bad mood, huh? I was in New York and decided to stop by to see an old friend." She said dragging on her Virginia Slim. Y/n was getting annoyed so she decided to go back to the the bedroom but Timothée grabbed her arm.
"Where're you going, babe?"
"To our bedroom. I think you need to be alone." She said firmly.
"I need to be alone with only you. Please stay."

Y/n conceded and sat on the kitchen counter. Lily rolled her eyes and dragged on her cigarette.

"As you can see I'm busy, Lily. It was nice to see you're looking good, could you leave please?"
"Ouch, you hurt my feeling Timmy. You used to be a better host."
"Not when the guests show up unannounced. Did you think I was under your spell and that you could come and go as you please? Is that it, Lily? I loved you, I was a fool for you, but not anymore, so I ask you to leave." Timothée says seriously. Lily laughs slightly.
"That's what we'll see." Lily said getting up. That was it. That was the end of the rope for Y/n.
"What will we see, huh? Are you deaf or something? Let me tell you something; I may be new around here, I may not be a nepo baby, but I won't stand here hearing you imply you're going to prove to yourself that you can use and abuse him as you wish. Are you so insecure that you need to be a home wrecker to feel you matter? Get a grip, baby! He asked you to leave, leave. Don't make a fool of yourself, Lily, you don't need that. You can have any man you want, you don't need to try and get your exes back to feel loved, you just need to love and respect yourself first and a deserving man will come." Y/n said and walked towards the door and opened it. "You're welcome here if Timo wants too, just say something in advance. Now, leave." Y/n was dead serious and Timothée was surprised for he hadn't seen this side of her and he thought it was super hot. Lily felt embarrassed and walked towards the door. Before leaving she turned to Timothée.
"Good job, Timmy! It's a gem, this one. Keep her." And the she left. Y/n shut the door and broke down crying. Timothée ran to her and embraced her.
"Babe, what's wrong?"
"I don't know if I can take this. People will always try to break us up and what if they're all like this?"
"Babe, I'm not going anywhere... No one can convince me or manipulate me into leaving you."
"Timo... You know and will know lots of people... Prettier, skinnier, funnier, more interesting people, and they will think the same about you..."
"No. Don't say that ever again! There's no one like you, there's no other you Y/n..." he paused for a second "This isn't about Lily, is it?" He started realizing that this wasn't because of Lily per se, but rather about Y/n's past experiences.
"I... I don't wanna lose you... I've lost someone before, that I loved dearly. I thought I could never love again and here I am now... Loving as I never loved before, as I never thought I could ever love... I was betrayed before... I don't think you would cheat on me or something, don't get me wrong, I just... I'm afraid Timo..." Y/n started sobbing.
"No, no, no, no... Shh, shh... I'm here and I will always be... I want to marry you, I want to grow old with you, I want to have your kids and grandkids, I want to die by your side... I am afraid too, babe... You're a light amongst the darkness of this world and everyone will want to be around that light and have it for themselves, but I will be as badass as you just were. I will show them I am here and I'm not leaving; I know your worth and I want to show it to you. You were so brave and I was so touched by how you defended us just now... You are strong, inspiring, beautiful, funny, interesting, captivating, charming, intelligent, knowledgeable, ethereal even... Sometimes I wonder if you're human... I love you Y/n, and only you." Timothée said hugging her tighter and kissing her forehead. Y/n moaned with the tightness of the embrace and grabbed his waist pulling it to her. They stayed there for a while. Y/n broke the silence.
"We should get ready for the meeting with Denis... I'm sorry for this breakdown..."
"No. Don't apologize. You can be vulnerable with me... Love is vulnerability and I will always be here to be your anchor amidst the storm." Y/n kissed him. It as a long and tender kiss.
"I love you Timothée Hal Chalamet."