Teasing

It was Sunday. Y/n was so nervous she was feeling nauseous. She was going to meet his parents. His fucking parents. She just kept thinking, over and over again, about every tiny detail, from her hair, to her clothes, to her make up. She was just standing in the bathroom staring in the mirror but not seeing anything. Timothée walked in but she didn't see him coming.

"Baby? Are you alright?" He asked.
"No. I'm so nervous... What if they don't like me?" She asked keeping her eyes on the mirror.
"They will. How could they not? Besides they'll see I am the happiest I've ever been. They've seen be with people before and they'll notice I've never been as near as happy as I am with you. I don't say this lightly." Timothée said outing his hands on her shoulders. A tear ran down Y/n's cheek.
"Oh, Timothée..." She said feeling moved. "You just ruined my make up." She said giggling and wiping her tear.
"You don't need it anyway." He said kissing the top of her head.

They got to his parents apartment. She ended up not wearing any make up except for a little BB powder. She was wearing a black flower dress, some white sneakers and a leather jacket. She wanted to look good, but she wanted even more to be comfortable. Timothée gave her a kiss and rang the bell.

"Timmy! You're finally here!" His mother said opening the door. She kissed him on the cheek. "Who's this beautiful young lady?" She said looking at Y/n.
"Mom, this is Y/n, Y/n this is my mom." As Timothée said this Y/n leans and gives Timothée's mother a kiss on the cheek.
"It's a pleasure, Mrs. Chalamet." Y/n said.
"Flender, dear, but call me Nicole." She said smiling. "Come in you two! Marc, hun, they're here!"
"They? But Pauline is already..." Timothée's father said while coming to the door. "Oh... Hi!" Timothée kissed him on the cheek. His father looked at him with eyes of approval. "Qui est la belle jeune femme ?"
"Dad, this is Y/n, Y/n this is my dad."
"Enchanté Monsieur Chalamet."
"Elle parle Français! Appelle-moi Marc, d'accord?" He said smiling. "Alors, le déjeuner est donc presque terminé. Il y a des entrées sur la table." Marc said heading to the kitchen.
"Dad, Y/n understands French but she's not fluent." Timothée said smiling.
"Oh, sorry! Of course!"
"It's okay, I understood what you said. I understand better than I speak."
"D'accord!" Marc said smiling heading back to the kitchen.
"So, Timmy, who is Y/n to you exactly?" Nicole asked teasing him.
"She's my girlfriend, mom. I think it was somewhat obvious." Timothée said rubbing the back of his head.
"Oh, it was, but I wanted you to say it clearly." Nicole said laughing. "Do you drink, Y/n?"
"I'll have whatever you're having, thank you."
Nicole went to get some drinks as they sat down beside Pauline.
"Mom likes to tease." She said to Y/n.
"I noticed. I like the effect it has on him." Y/n said laughing.
"Oh you do now?" Timothée asked. "Let it be your turn, and we'll see how much you like it." He said giggling.
Nicole came back with tho martinis.
"Do you like martini?"
"I don't know. Never had one before." Y/n said. She tasted it. "Oh! It's good! Not as strong-tasting as I imagined."
Nicole smiled. "So, Y/n, what do you do?"
"I'm an actor. But I also work at Brooks & Co. to pay the bills."
"But maybe you could leave, right? Since you're moving in with Timo?" Pauline asked with a smirk.
"Oh! Are you? How long have you two been dating?" Nicole took a sip smirking.
"Almost a month..." Y/n said looking at Timothée, him now smirking too.
"And he's just telling us now? You must be the most precious gem for him to keep you hidden like that!"
"Mom, don't be like that." Timothée said laughing. "I just didn't want to scare her with this crazy family." Timothée laughed a bit louder. Marc brought some roast to the table.
"I think she might be used to crazy if she's with you for a month." Pauline said smirking.
"Are you teasing them without me?" Marc said. "Lunch is ready. Let's eat."
Everyone came to the table. Y/n sat next to Timothée.
"No one touched the appetizers!" Marc said frowning. Y/n took a piece of cheese. "It's good isn't it?"
"It's good, yeah, but I need to bring some cheese from my country on day." Y/n said smiling.
"Oh! A cheese lover! One of mine." Marc said smiling. "So you said you're also an actor. Did you meet because of that?"
"No. I work at a coffeeshop and Timo went there one day. But now we're actually working together on a indie film."
"Oh that's great! Didn't know you could still do those, Timo."
"I asked Mark to get me an audition too because I liked the story."
"Right. The story." Nicole said taking a sip on her wine. "What is it about?"
"Two best friends who are raised together and fall in love with each other so now they're facing the dilema of being almost like brother and sister." Y/n said.
"Oh, I see. The story, of course." Nicole said smirking.

The lunch went amazingly and in the end before they left, Nicole whispered on Timothée's ear "This is one to keep. The best so far. Keep it." at which Timothée replied "Why is everyone telling me this?".