Till Sunday

'Oh shit, fuck, shit, shit, fuck' Y/n thought as she was trying to fix her clothes.

"Hey, Timo! I thought..." Pauline notices Y/n. "Oh I didn't know you had company. I can come back later."
"No, come in." Y/n rushed noticing that she shouldn't have said anything because it wasn't her apartment. "I mean... If Timothée doesn't mind..." Y/n said looking away. 'Just shut up, Y/n!'. She thought.

Pauline came in and got closer to the couch. Y/n stood up and walked towards her.

"Hi, I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you." She said giving two kisses on the cheeks. Pauline was confused.
"Hi... Did I interrupt anything?" Pauline asked looking at Timothée.
"Actually..."
"No, not at all." Y/n interrupted him.
"Danger territory, it's okay, it's my sister." Timothée looked at her smiling. "Actually you did, but you're already here so take a sit. Want something?"
"Do you have fresh coffee?"
"On the way!" Timothée said.
Pauline looked Y/n up and down. "How did you two meet?"
"I work at a coffeeshop and Timothée went there one day."
"Were you aware of who he is?"
"Pauline! Is this an interrogation? You're worse than mom!" Timothée said bringing he coffee.
"Sorry... I'm a bit protective of my little brother..."
"I'm not that little anymore, Line." Timothée said giggling. "This is Y/n, she's my girlfriend, she's going to move in with me and she makes me hella happy. Is your curiosity satisfied?" He asked smiling.
"Does ma and pa know?"
"Not yet. I was planning on taking her to our Sunday family lunch to present her to you all." Timothée replied.
"Do you speak French, Y/n?" Pauline asked.
"Un petit peau."
"I didn't know you speak French." Timothée said surprised.
"You never asked." Y/n said smiling.
"Don't worry, though. Our dad speaks English too." Timothée told Y/n giving a look to Pauline. "Line, I love you, you know that, but we need to read a script."
"It doesn't look like you were working when I knocked on your door." Pauline said sarcastically. "So you're an actor too?" Pauline asked Y/n.
"Yeah. We're gonna do a movie together... It will be my first here in the US."
"Lucky girl! First movie here and you're working alongside the Timothée Chalamet."
"Pauline, that's enough! This isn't you, why you keep being like that every time I have someone? Not everyone is out to get me you know? And I'm not that naive. C'mon, Line."
Pauline was silent. She sighed.
"You're right. I'm sorry. Sorry, Y/n! I've always been the older sister you know? It's part of my identity every time I'm with Timo. I'm so sorry." She smiled.
"It's okay, I understand. Family is family." Y/n smiled back.
"So are you excited for your first movie on the land of the free?"
"I am! I mean I've been fighting for this all my life... And you are right, I am indeed lucky to have the opportunity to do it with him. He's amazingly talented and I think it will make it easier for me to work with someone I know. I mean... I will have to learn how to love Bill as Maggie, but the whole experience will be easier."
"So you'll play lovers?" Pauline looked at Timothée. "Does the production know?"
"No and they won't. Y/n wants to be known for herself and not as Timothée Chalamet's girlfriend."
"I completely understand, girl! For a while I was also just his sister." Pauline said provoking him.
"Okay now you're making me feel bad." Timothée said.
"Don't feel, Timo, you deserve all the hype." She said rubbing his head. "So I should probably get going 'cus you guys need to 'get to work'." She said in air quotes. "It was nice to meet you, Y/n. Again I apologize for my initial behavior. I think I'll see you Sunday."